Help

SA_tx_88116

Rather listen than to stream
That’s what I have had since 2017, and it is still my go to. I also have a SDS100 but it is bulky and doesn’t fit into my vehicle mount as clean as the 436. Both are great scanners, but keep in mind if you are looking to upgrade in the future and have any plans to listen to Bexar County or San Antonio, the SDS100 handles their AARRS simulcast system very well, while the 436HP will be dependent on where you are in relation to the towers. If you are sitting between two of the towers in a simulcast area, the 436HP is likely to not pass any audio, while the SDS100 will be much more lively like a true radio.
San Antonio has a second system for EDACS with an ESK and that is the one I will use plus, the SDS series are kind of expensive so I will go with the BCD436HP For now. I hope I get one for my birthday

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
San Antonio has a second system for EDACS with an ESK and that is the one I will use plus, the SDS series are kind of expensive so I will go with the BCD436HP For now. I hope I get one for my birthday
EDACS will be shutdown after everyone has moved to AARRS just a heads up. It’s over 20 years old and well past its end of life. I get you on the expensive explanation though. There are ways to make the 436HP perform better, can be as simple as moving it to a different spot in the house, removing the antenna if you are close enough to a sub-site, or using a 3rd party directional antenna set up. Welcome to the hobby.

SA_tx_88116

San Antonio has a second system for EDACS with an ESK and that is the one I will use plus, the SDS series are kind of expensive so I will go with the BCD436HP For now
EDACS will be shutdown after everyone has moved to AARRS just a heads up. It’s over 20 years old and well past its end of life. I get you on the expensive explanation though. There are ways to make the 436HP perform better, can be as simple as moving it to a different spot in the house, removing the antenna if you are close enough to a sub-site, or using a 3rd party directional antenna set up. Welcome to the hobby.
Ok, by the way I’ve had that pro -197 since I was 6 my uncle got it for me on Christmas it was originally his after he got from a dispatcher at the police department they programmed it so then he eventually gave it to me and everything was working great until I was messing around with the buttons and stuff then later on I would get this heap error that prevented me from doing anything on the radio. The only thing I could do was scan I had also noticed that lots of stuff that was programmed had disappeared so recently on this last Easter me and my uncle had a look at it and after creating a radio reference account and posting a thread I found out the only way to fix it was to factory reset so I did that and till this day I’m still trying to get my local cibolo pd to work although I have the fire department and airport programmed it still would be nice to have the police. My uncle can’t help cause he grew up with old analog scanners back in the 90’s and he didn’t know anything about programming. So yeah that’s just a little backstory about the radio. Thank god for this website!

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
So just to further assist you, if you don’t see talkgroup 12103 popping up regularly on the Cibolo site, try programming the Live Oak site. I checked a few things on our Calls platform, and the Live Oak site is carrying all the Schertz PD 2 Dispatch and Schertz/Cibolo Fire and EMS traffic. What I was saying earlier is that their radios have long been programmed to use that site as their home site due to its coverage, whereas the Cibolo site is more for Guadalupe County SO and Fire on the west side of the county. Cibolo units can certainly use it if they are allowed to roam to all sites in the area, AND if the signal strength degrades enough from their home site.

SA_tx_88116

So just to further assist you, if you don’t see talkgroup 12103 popping up regularly on the Cibolo site, try programming the Live Oak site. I checked a few things on our Calls platform, and the Live Oak site is carrying all the Schertz PD 2 Dispatch and Schertz/Cibolo Fire and EMS traffic. What I was saying earlier is that their radios have long been programmed to use that site as their home site due to its coverage, whereas the Cibolo site is more for Guadalupe County SO and Fire on the west side of the county. Cibolo units can certainly use it if they are allowed to roam to all sites in the area, AND if the signal strength degrades enough from their home site.
Thanks that will be helpful never knew that the live oak site was the main base for Schertz and Cibolo

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks that will be helpful never knew that the live oak site was the main base for Schertz and Cibolo
Yes, it goes back to the days when they had a separate EDACS system on those frequencies: Live Oak EDACS
That system was solely for Live Oak, Selma, Converse, Cibolo, Schertz and Universal City. Randolph Metro municipalities. They eventually merged with the LCRA system during the P25 700 MHz rollout. That’s why that site has so many frequencies compared to the others around it. With the switch to Phase 2 happening, the capacity of those frequencies essentially doubles, minus the active control channel.

SA_tx_88116

Yes, it goes back to the days when they had a separate EDACS system on those frequencies: Live Oak EDACS
That system was solely for Live Oak, Selma, Converse, Cibolo, Schertz and Universal City. Randolph Metro municipalities. They eventually merged with the LCRA system during the P25 700 MHz rollout. That’s why that site has so many frequencies compared to the others around it. With the switch to Phase 2 happening, the capacity of those frequencies essentially doubles, minus the active control channel.
Ok

SA_tx_88116

That system was solely for Live Oak, Selma, Converse, Cibolo, Schertz and Universal City. Randolph Metro municipalities. They eventually merged with the LCRA system during the P25 700 MHz rollout. That’s why that site has so many frequencies compared to the others around it. With the switch to Phase 2 happening, the capacity of those frequencies essentially doubles, minus the active
Thanks for the help just got talkgroup 12103 cibolo and Schertz police dispatch up an running!