HP-2: Home patrol 2 and sd card

ve2que

Premium Subscriber
My home pat 2 is having sd card problem, try to format, try reinstall sentinel, It still say the same thing as in the picture, and now scanner does not want to write or read as soon as I power up a message say remove battery one minute. Can-it be a conflit between sentinel and ARC for home patrol programs?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-06-23 113116.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2024-06-23 113116.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 17

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
My home pat 2 is having sd card problem, try to format, try reinstall sentinel, It still say the same thing as in the picture, and now scanner does not want to write or read as soon as I power up a message say remove battery one minute. Can-it be a conflit between sentinel and ARC for home patrol programs?

That exact error message usually indicates that Sentinel is having a problem with your Window's regional settings that are using commas instead of decimal points.

Search for "region" in the Windows search bar and choose "set regional format" and change the regional settings to Canadian - English so that the decimal point character is represented as a dot instead of a comma. Then reboot the computer and try Sentinel again.

ve2que

Premium Subscriber
God more it goes more it became complicate or I getting too old.Thanks, but now I have to find a way to fix the sd card, because the sd card have been formated but may be will find a way to keep the scanner open the time to update the sd card, I tought it was the sd card who was in trouble. Thanks for your help.
André

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
God more it goes more it became complicate or I getting too old.Thanks, but now I have to find a way to fix the sd card, because the sd card have been formated but may be will find a way to keep the scanner open the time to update the sd card, I tought it was the sd card who was in trouble. Thanks for your help.
André

If you have formatted your card...... New (or newly formatted) SD cards will not be recognized by the scanner until you use the "Clear User Data" function in Sentinel.

With your card in the scanner, put the scanner in "Mass Storage Mode" (or use a separate card reader if you have one.... much faster). You may need to connect the scanner to your computer before turning the scanner on to enter mass storage mode.

Download this utility (recommended by Uniden) then use it to format the card.... use the "overwrite format" option.

Then Use Sentinel's "clear user data" to restore the proper operating files to the card. (click the "show all drives" box when the clear user data utility starts). Then write from Sentinel to the card to restore your info to the card. Re-boot the scanner (or if you used a card reader, put the card back in the scanner and turn it on).