how do I change

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzleriddle

the last line that shows while scanning a scanlist ( scanlist name).. I changed it on the main page but still reads the same way it did while scanning that It shows up in the comments section when viewing in PSR edit.. all this make sense?:) in t general it's name JEFFCO TRS but in the trunking objects tab still shows as Jeffferson CO when scanning.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
the last line that shows while scanning a scanlist ( scanlist name).. I changed it on the main page but still reads the same way it did while scanning that It shows up in the comments section when viewing in PSR edit.. all this make sense?:) in t general it's name JEFFCO TRS but in the trunking objects tab still shows as Jeffferson CO when scanning.
Somewhere in there, you lost me.

The TSYS objects name will show up independent of the scanlist name, since the object itself is not linked to a specific scanlist. It's talkgroups (TGRP objects) are, but the TSYS itself is not. So even if you used (example only) scanlist 15 for that system, and named that list JEFFCO TRS, that name is not going to show up when scanning. The only names that will are the text tags for the talkgroups alternating with whatever name you gave the TSYS itself (apparently Jefferson Co, if I'm understanding your question).

In this example, the JEFFCO TRS is only going to appear on the display if you also had one or more conventional objects in the same scanlist and the scanner stopped on one of them.

If this is not what you meant, then maybe a little more explanation (and possibly attach a sample file) would help clear it up.

puzzleriddle

ok I want to change the scanlist name& have it shown same way thru out the program. it shows 1 way on the scanlist (mai tab in psredit but not when I view it on the trunked object tab sbut not when scanning. I can post my file on the yahoo groups if I can figure out how again :)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok I want to change the scanlist name& have it shown same way thru out the program. it shows 1 way on the scanlist (mai tab in psredit but not when I view it on the trunked object tab sbut not when scanning. I can post my file on the yahoo groups if I can figure out how again :)
Well, I'm still not convinced that we're talking about the same thing.

You are speaking about PSREdit500, am I correct? And programming one of the following: PSR-500, PSR-600, Pro-106, or Pro-197?

Pick a name, any name, for a scanlist.
That name, assigned on the 'General' tab, is only going to appear on the scanner's display when the scanner is stopped on a conventional object assigned to that specific scanlist. Depending on your blink-on/blink-off settings, it will alternate displaying with the text tag of the CONV object it's receiving.

When the scanner is receiving radio traffic on a trunked system entry, the display will alternate between the name used to the system itself (the TSYS object) and that of the talkgroup (TGRP object). Unless you name the scanlist and the TSYS object identically, you won't be seeing the same name as the scanlist, because the display populates based on however the system is named.

When scanning, and not stopped on signal, you'll see the names of the conventional (CONV) objects being sampled as the scanner runs through the various scanlists (the speed is somewhat dependent on your squelch settings, among other things). You won't see scanlist names. You will see the names of any trunked systems (TSYS objects) come up briefly as the scanner checks the control channels for activity. Again, no scanlist names.

If you want to post your file, either zip it with WinZip or another file utility before attaching, or simply add a *.txt extension to the file name, to make it an allowable file type. If your file was named "myfile.bin" (without the quotes, of course), use Windows Explorer to rename a copy of that file to "myfile.bin.txt".

Status
Not open for further replies.