SDS100/SDS200: How to stop scan 2nd Dept(?)

petbytes

How do I stop scan where the arrow in pointing in the attached image? I can monitor CSP Sacramento/Folsom SP if where the arrow is pointing is stopped on CSP Sacramento/Folsom SP otherwise it continues to scan other departments (where the arrow is pointing).

Attachments

• SDS200.jpg
    SDS200.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 22

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
In your picture see the three white bars below your arrow? There are three buttons. Push the furthermost right button to hold on the channel/TG while the scanning is stopped. Push on it again to continue scanning. I find I must first hit that Channel button before I push the center or left buttons which also hold either System or Department. After I first hit the Channel button I can then hit either of the other two and then release the Channel by pressing it again.

Enix316

When you press the function button, I think the middle softkey label, changes to site. Click it then, to hold that site.

If I am understanding the question correctly

petbytes

Thank you n1chu and Enix316. Turns out there are two systems with the same name (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation) and I had it on the wrong one. When I had dialed through all the systems I only saw the one (as in my original post). But because it had worked before I was dumbfound as to why it didn’t work again. I just have to turn the knob slower because it can skip right past it. All good now. Thanks again.

Attachments

• SDS200b.jpg
    SDS200b.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
If you continue to manually tune up or down you may run into a “Site Hold”. If you ever do here is the way to back out of it and allow scanning to resume…

SDS100 SITE HOLD

To get out of it Press Function then Site and hold it. You can let go after the scanner starts scanning.

(Site is the middle button, normally shows as Dept. It’s name changes from DEPT to SITE when you press Function.)

petbytes

If you continue to manually tune up or down you may run into a “Site Hold”. If you ever do here is the way to back out of it and allow scanning to resume…

SDS100 SITE HOLD

To get out of it Press Function then Site and hold it. You can let go after the scanner starts scanning.

(Site is the middle button, normally shows as Dept. It’s name changes from DEPT to SITE when you press Function.)
Thanks !

de K6TQ