How Well Does the BCD160DN work for NXDN/DMR?

SatHunter

I’m wanting to get one of the new Uniden radios that get DMR & NXDN, in particular the BCD160DN. I’m wondering how is their performance on these signals. I assume they won’t do trunking but that’s not a major problem. It’s about a $400 investment so I’d appreciate any input before I order one

Listener1440

Premium Subscriber
I bought mine directly from Uniden and I am very satisfied with it. It was $249.99 with free shipping. For what it is it seems to function very well. 1000 channels and bank titles are a couple of excellent features. It is probably not for everyone’s needs but I liked the BC125AT but mine was getting old.
My excuse to buy a new radio. Works better than I expected.

bearcatrp

Mine works fairly well. There is a barely used one in the for sale section if you want to save a few bucks. You can't beat the price of this radio for what it does. Well worth the money.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
@SatHunter
If you will use the search feature here in the forums you would see my full report thread on what they will and will not do.
Asking without searching is like.
If I have 4 quarters how much money do I have?
If I have 10 dimes how much money do I have?
If I have 20 nickels how much money do I have?
If I have 100 pennies how much money do I have?

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
You may want to look at how talkgroups are or aren't managed to see if the radio will be sufficient for your needs.

bearcatrp

Just remember that this radio doesn't trunk track in any mode...that catches a fair number of people off guard

Mike
To put it a different way, its like the older scanners. Just scans frequencies you input. All the posts above me are spot on about this radio. Like any other scanner, some folks find out the particular one you bought just is not a good fit for what you wanted it to do. Good luck.