Identifying new MSWIN sites?

Airdorn

Today I was monitoring an unknown MSWIN site. The site was 3.44, as identified by DSD+. I was in Batesville, MS and it was a very strong signal for my itty-bitty mag mount on top of my Tacoma. Some listed neighbor were: 3.16, 3.17, 3.18, 3.20, 3.22, 3.23.

My question is, how does one actually go about identifying where that tower is in order to give it a nice descriptive name and add it to the database?

If it helps, Frequencies of CC and voice activity for the the few mins I was listening were 771.25625 and 770.43125. The former produces several callsigns, and one of them (WQZX967) shows to be in Batesville, MS. The latter doesn't show up in the FCC database at all, so I don't know what's up with that.

With this information, is it now safe to assume that 3.44 is the "Batesville" site, and I can submit it to the RR database for inclusion, to fill that gaping hole in the site list?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Did you get an scc for the site (or 2)? Can you post the P25 data for 3.44?

You were physically in the city. The first frequency is attached to WQZX976 which is registered to the state with a transmit location of 152-A Hwy 51 N in Batesville. The location name is 30315 Batesville which lines up with their usual site numbers. The neighbors line up.

Yeah I would safely assume 3.44 is Batesville and would submit it as inquired. To answer your question, ULS data is my go to for comparing with DSD data. Address, site name, coordinates, etc..