In over my head - Pro 96 Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

iba9241

I am totally new to the scanner world and I believe I have messed up my Pro-96. I have deleted V-Scanners 01, 08, and 09. Is there anyway to restore these?

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it in the forum.

Any and all help is appreciated. Perhaps an old 8 channel crystal set should have been my first choice :)

Thanks again;
Gord

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Do you have Win96? If so, you can download the default VScanner files from Don's site, at www.starrsoft.com. If you have changed those VScanner folders, the custom contents you put in them are gone for good I'm afraid.

Bentley

Gord:

Your best bet would be to use WIN96 to manage the frequencies in your pro96. Its free for the first 30 days and will make your life much easier. It makes programming the 96 a breeze by using your computer to program it.

Visit the database section of this website, and download specific frequencies for your area. The pre-programmed frequencies that your scanner came loaded with are very often out of date. Thus causing you to miss a lot of radio traffic, as well as receiving radio traffic that you may not want to monitor.

You will have to get THIS CABLE from radio shack.

As far as retrieving your lost data, I think there available at www.starrsoft.com.

BKHale

Yes you can get them at starrsoft. They are not the original files as they have some minor updated info, but its just as good if not better than original.

hoser147

There are several places to get the files from Yahoo groups Pro 96, Pro 96 list Monix group and I believe that RS website may also have them. Good Scannin hoser147

VintageJon

I,also, HIGHLY recommend Win96. It has changed my Scanner-Life completely.

Like everything else, it takes getting used to, but it's the best I've ever had.
-Jon

iba9241

Thank you everyone for your help with my problem. I have purchased WIN96 and have recovered the files that I erased.

These new-fangled scanners are a big leap from the old crystal sets I use to mess with. I can see a big learning curve ahead for me.

I will have to spend more time on this site so that I can learn how to program my scanner and start hearing things.

Thanks once again, you have all been very helpful.

You probably haven't heard the last of me...
Gord

red8

i, tried a free 30 download of win96 and restored the vscan folders that i deleted on my pro 96 when i had one and it worked well.
red8
bct396t & bct796

Status
Not open for further replies.