Iowa Check In

rrmccabe

Premium Subscriber
Greetings from Saylorville Lake (Des Moines Area).

Been an amateur Radio operator for 30 years (call KD0ZV). New to scanners and my 996XT which is my first scanner ever should arrive tomorrow. Actually, I guess I have a handheld Racing Electronics scanner I bought for cup races if that counts.

You can see my shack at kd0zv.com

Rich

N0JAK

Name here is Pat. I live in Central Iowa.. I have been a licensed HAM for almost 20 years.. I have monitored scanners since I was in Jr high.... I mostly listen to Public Safety, DOT, amateur radio... Would listen to more if I made more time to program scanner... :D
I need to upgrade scanner here sometime for p25 p II.... I have mainly used Radio Shack scanners in the past Pro-92 and I believe the last is a Pro-197 handheld with led indicator lights... Looking for recommendations....
I was a member here before but couldn't figure out my old log in.....
Have a great day...

randyh57

Premium Subscriber
Hi from NE Iowa the Decorah area....Decorah has gone Digital along with the State so a New Scanner is coming.

randyh57

Premium Subscriber
Do you have anymore details about Decorah's change?
Decorah City and County use P25 phase 1 Not sure of the change date as I kinda left the hobby for a year or so..But Signal is Great and County Coverage is much better than the old analog,,Fire Still uses the old Analog system.