Iowa Check In

K0MSM

Feed Provider
West Des Moines. Been a lurker a little bit - just registered today, finally. Been listening to Westcom on a GRE PSR-310. Got my ham ticket back in 1978 (was 13 at the time), former FF, EMT, and Deputy Sheriff - all back on the east coast. Always been around radios, scanners, and public safety my entire life. (Dad was a career firefighter the day I was born.) Enjoying the 310, and maybe looking to pick up a 410 to use at the house.

dwelcher

Hi. Daniel from Waterloo. My wife's dad was a firefighter, so we listen to the Black Hawk County feed as much as we can. My thanks to the feed provider!

MedAir

Hi everyone,
Dennis here, Checking in.Live in S.E. Iowa (West Point area). I am a Ham Radio operator, storm spotter, I listen to Public safety, A member of ARES. If ever in the area Look me up

jimlawrence

Hi everyone,

Moving to Poweshiek Co. effective 8/15. Always happy to share anything I hear active in that area. Also looking for active milair freqs within a couple hundred miles! Thanks!

--Jim

solson

NW Iowa StarCom

I was looking to see if I could find someone to help me program Woodbury Co truck system. I have tried and tried, with no luck. Now it has pushed me off the deep end. Any help. I would also like to get Racom system programmed also.. Thanks and have a nice night...

ka0pmd

ALMOST Dubuque here!

Hi everyone, I'm Steve KAØPMD. I live in Burbank, California, but grew up in Dubuque. I'll be returning to Dubuque in November or December to finish a year of school, away from the hyperactive San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.

I'm a General-Class ham, working on getting my Extra Class, but activities are limited to scanning and 2-meter / 70 cm / 222 operations right now as the HF rig is packed away.

I'm looking forward to monitoring from the Key West area of Dubuque, and will be listening on my GRE PSR-800. As for antennas, I'll probably build a discone when (if) I get some spare time, and I've been looking at a new Bearcat BC-125AT for milair listening, and if I can afford the bandwidth, I'm thinking about putting an audio feed up. Just a thought, anyway.

Other interests of mine...SWL and AM DX. I'm looking forward to long winter nights with an AM radio and a scanner. (And yes, I know I'm weird, coming back to Iowa in the winter, ha!)

Steve

Plainsman170

Good morning
This is Lynn in St Cloud, MN but originally from Jasper County Prairie City, I am a former EMT and avid listener and I have to admit I do miss listening in on what is happening at home.
I am working on getting my ham license and will update more when that happens.

W0GEN

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning, Bill from Waterloo, have been monitoring for most of my adult life (58 yrs old), I am a Generac generator sales and service dealer and on the road a lot, and enjoy listening to the scanner while travelling. Use GRE PSR-500 and 600 radios.

primus6

Hi folks,checking in from the Decorah area.
Just bought a GRE PSR 600 so looking forward to getting back into the flow.

ROCK

Premium Subscriber
This is Steve, I live in Iowa City. I own a pro-106 and a Home Patrol 1. Have family in Spencer, Estherville area and travel to Colorado 3-4 times a year. I listen to all types of transmissions. Also amateur radio operator. (KC0JUX)

rmcgowan

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, this is Ryan, i live in rural West Central Benton County. I use an old Radio Shack PRO-2051 that has a discriminator tap that feeds dsd+.. my rig may be old, but it works great for what i want to hear.

cpfd26

Hey guys! Experienced scanner here, just updated to a digital trunking scanner, a Pro-197. Came on to get some tips tricks and advice after lurking for a bit. I've been a Firefighter for 9 years in Center Point, county Honor Guard member, part-time fire instructor at a community college, work safety crew at area race tracks and in the process of joining a second FD. With Linn County going P25 1P, I was in the dark, so got a Pro-197. Its a different beast, so getting used to it. Going to be starting a new thread for more understanding into the digital world.

Wally46

Feed Provider
KD0YHR here in Clinton, Iowa. I love anything to do with radio communications. I enjoy listening to my various analog and digital scanners. Also enjoy Ham, CB, shortwave. My radio shack is my mancave.

bemyax

Feed Provider
Good to have you folks along. We seem to have a wide variety of participant experience which keeps things interesting.

Dundee15

Hello Everyone!!

I've really became intersted in scanner radios here the last 6 months so still new at a lot of this stuff and learning but I am from Maquoketa, IA. I use my scanner to scan Police, Fire, EMT.

fredmertz51

I grew up near Maquoketa, my father had a WALL of radios because it was before scanners, and one needed a separate radio for each frequency.