Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

newsman04

Premium Subscriber
Where do you get this site neighbor information? Is it an area on your scanner or do you use an SDR or Unitrunker or something?
Pro96 com. I plug my Whistler 1040 into computer by USB, tune to the control channel and the Pro96 software decodes it.

Unfortunately the 1040 is Phase I but you can still hear and the decode the control channels for a Phase II system.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Pro96 com. I plug my Whistler 1040 into computer by USB, tune to the control channel and the Pro96 software decodes it.

Unfortunately the 1040 is Phase I but you can still hear and the decode the control channels for a Phase II system.
The control channels even on Phase 2 systems are basically "Phase 1" 12.5khz channels.

Not sure if this is true, it might just be my equipment and I can't confirm this either, but I have a feeling that ISP has officially switched to ISICS. At least in the Northwest Portion of the state. I have not heard anything on my closest analog repeater (Merrill) all day. Again, I may be incorrect and I may have some equipment issues. This is just what I've noticed.

kc0unh

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is true, it might just be my equipment and I can't confirm this either, but I have a feeling that ISP has officially switched to ISICS. At least in the Northwest Portion of the state. I have not heard anything on my closest analog repeater (Merrill) all day. Again, I may be incorrect and I may have some equipment issues. This is just what I've noticed.
From what I understand, they have been testing/using ISICS in the area using Storm Lake as the base. I have been hearing them on DPS Law 2B off the Winterset, Iowa ISICS tower when a radio affiliates with it.

I also heard on 700 that they have been patching VHF DPS off and on. I think they patched Underwood into 700 once because a trooper was having an issue in that area with 700.

Hope that helps provide you answers.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

newsman04

Premium Subscriber
I had a couple keyups today but I didn't catch what the traffic was, nor the talkgroup they were on. My scanner caught it on a wildcard though, so not something that's already established.

wn0r

Premium Subscriber
Here in Fort Dodge I've heard some radio testing but not any IHP units as of yet.
I have DSDPlus running and the other night I noticed that the IHP was on the new system but all the traffic was encrypted.
I monitor our local FBI Repeater and local PD's and there was no other traffic early that morning.
I am thinking that this may just be a car-car talk group?
I have enclosed part of the event file showing the encryption

Attachments