SDRTrunk JMBE library failing to connect issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
Iv just installed sdr-trunk 0.5.0 beta 3 everything is working fine with my radio reference login to get my frequencies. When I go to play a selected control channel its asking me to setup JMBE library I click "yes" but then when it takes me to the user preferences page its saying unable to determine latest release version. Check network connection. Im running windows 10 64bit system.

ChrisABQ

Here is the link for downloading/installing instructions to create the JMBE library (manually)

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
go to your C: drive, scroll down and open Users, you will see folders Default, Public, and one with your windows user name, open that one. In that folder scroll down to a folder named SDRTrunk, open it, create a folder ,name it jmbe, open it. ok shrink that down, we will go back to it.

now go to Releases · DSheirer/jmbe
scroll down to the first asset menu, download jmbe-creator-windows-x86_64-v1.0.9.zip to your downloads folder, extract it open the creator-windows-x86_64-v1.0.9 folder, open the bin folder, scroll down to creator.bat file, run it. once it is down navigate back into the windows-x86_64-v1.0.9 folder. there will now be a jar file named jmbe-1.0.9, copy it, go to the C:/Users/your_user_name/SDRTrunk/jmbe folder we left open. paste the jmbe-1.0.9 file into it. run sdrtrunk, view, user preferences, decoder, JMBE Audio Library, click select, it should open in the jmbe folder you created, click jmbe-1.0.9, click open, click ok. you should be good to go

did a quick no audio video of me doing it

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
Ok tried that but no jmbe-1.0.9 jar file was created. Going to install an old version of JAVA and see if I can get it to work.

Last edited:

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
here is a screen shot of the Command Prompt when I run the creator.bat Untitled.jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
What version of Java is installed on your machine? Make sure you have only one verion - preferably the latest - installed on the machine.

Make sure your computer is connected to the internet, then try to build the JMBE audio library again.

If the procedure fails again, you *could* uninstall Java using Oracle removal tool, then restart the machine and reinstall Java. Then build the JMBE library.

I have both Beta 3 and Alpha 6 installed on my Win 10 machine with no issues. Java 8 Update 333 is my installed version of Java.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
^^^. I have Java 8 Update 331 installed, not 333.

An easy way to check if Java is properly installed on a Win 10 box is using the command prompt: type "java -version" at the prompt, without the quotes. If Java is properly installed, it will return your Java version information.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
I have Java 8 Update 333. When I run the command prompt this is what comes backUntitled1.jpg

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
I just removed java and did a clean install and I'm still getting the same readback on the command line prompt. Im trying to set up the environment variables but every tutorial iv looked at has a different way of doing it.

Last edited:

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
environment variables are all set and java is being recognized, still the jmbe jar file is not being created when I run the creator.bat
Untitled3.jpg

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
shot in the dark....

open the bin folder containing the creator.bat

click in the folders address bar , type cmd and press enter

in the cmd window that opens type
creator.bat press enter

any change?

Attachments

• Screenshot (338).png
    Screenshot (338).png
    238.5 KB · Views: 5

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I just installed Beta 3 on a virgin Win 10 box which does not have Java installed.

The program complained about not having Java:

15:25:24.852 ERROR i.g.d.p.SystemProperties - SystemProperties - exception while creating app folder [settings] [12MB/508MB 2%]
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\charl\SDRTrunk\settings
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.createDirectory(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createDirectory(Unknown Source)
at io.github.dsheirer.properties.SystemProperties.getApplicationFolder(SystemProperties.java:147)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.getIconFolderPath(IconModel.java:260)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.getIconFilePath(IconModel.java:273)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.load(IconModel.java:373)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.<init>(IconModel.java:67)
at io.github.dsheirer.gui.SDRTrunk.<init>(SDRTrunk.java:119)
at io.github.dsheirer.gui.SDRTrunk.main(SDRTrunk.java:714)

but the SDRT interface ran and allowed me to calibrate the machine. I then built the JMBE audio library, and restarted the machine. Works perfectly without Java installed.

The results of running java -version at the command prompt:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1806]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\charl>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\charl>

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Not sure about using SDRTrunk on Windows, but was there any prompt from a firewall to allow access, or anything like that? Do you have any third party anti-virus/firewall 'protection', or is your network connection operating through a proxy of any sort or maybe through a metered connection that might block data use?

Status
Not open for further replies.