SDRTrunk JMBE library failing to connect issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about using SDRTrunk on Windows, but was there any prompt from a firewall to allow access, or anything like that? Do you have any third party anti-virus/firewall 'protection', or is your network connection operating through a proxy of any sort or maybe through a metered connection that might block data use?

Yes I do have a firewall and never received any type of notifications to allow sdrtrunk to run. I did however run it without the firewall up and didn’t make any difference. I think I may just remove Java again and sdrtruck as well and do a system restore to a recent point maybe something got garbled at some point.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
I just installed Beta 3 on a virgin Win 10 box which does not have Java installed.

The program complained about not having Java:

15:25:24.852 ERROR i.g.d.p.SystemProperties - SystemProperties - exception while creating app folder [settings] [12MB/508MB 2%]
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\charl\SDRTrunk\settings
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.createDirectory(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createDirectory(Unknown Source)
at io.github.dsheirer.properties.SystemProperties.getApplicationFolder(SystemProperties.java:147)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.getIconFolderPath(IconModel.java:260)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.getIconFilePath(IconModel.java:273)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.load(IconModel.java:373)
at io.github.dsheirer.icon.IconModel.<init>(IconModel.java:67)
at io.github.dsheirer.gui.SDRTrunk.<init>(SDRTrunk.java:119)
at io.github.dsheirer.gui.SDRTrunk.main(SDRTrunk.java:714)

but the SDRT interface ran and allowed me to calibrate the machine. I then built the JMBE audio library, and restarted the machine. Works perfectly without Java installed.

The results of running java -version at the command prompt:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1806]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\charl>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\charl>
I

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
I removed Java and did a clean install of sdrtrunk same results, must be a bug. I'll just wait it out tell the final release and hope it works then.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I removed Java and did a clean install of sdrtrunk same results, must be a bug. I'll just wait it out tell the final release and hope it works then.
Probably something specific to your hardware because the issue doesn't seem to be widespread.

ChrisABQ

Have you tried installing a slightly older version of SDRT? I run V5 Alpha 6, never had issues. Most importantly, I DO NOT have Java installed on my machines as it's a major security risk. Once the JMBE file is created, Java is not needed.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried installing a slightly older version of SDRT? I run V5 Alpha 6, never had issues. Most importantly, I DO NOT have Java installed on my machines as it's a major security risk. Once the JMBE file is created, Java is not needed.
Yes iv tried a few versions that don't require java, still same issue.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Either hardware or OS config issue - has the OP ever posted his specs?

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
Do you have JDK installed?

How are you starting sdrt?

I did have JDK 8 333 installed and removed it, iv tried both ways. I originally tried it without. Iv been starting sdrt with the sdr-trunk.bat in the bin folder.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You might want to make sure you completely remove Java and JDK. This site gives additional tips:

Did you run the Java uninstaller tool:

If you've done all this, it might be time to do a clean install of Windows, or a deep dive into the registry, path and environment variables. Running SDRT is pretty straightforward procedure on a typical machine.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
You might want to make sure you completely remove Java and JDK. This site gives additional tips:

Did you run the Java uninstaller tool:

If you've done all this, it might be time to do a clean install of Windows, or a deep dive into the registry, path and environment variables. Running SDRT is pretty straightforward procedure on a typical machine.
Yeah Iv already removed it and also system restore point to a month ago, are there any other subfolders that I need to check when removing sdrtrunk besides its original folder and the origin folder under my user name?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Iv already removed it and also system restore point to a month ago, are there any other subfolders that I need to check when removing sdrtrunk besides its original folder and the origin folder under my user name?
SDRTrunk runs from its own directory as it is not installed on the host machine.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
SDRTrunk runs from its own directory as it is not installed on the host machine.
So when I remove it, its just the folder that is created when it’s extracted and the sdrtrunk folder in my c: user folder that need deleted? When iv downloaded different versions of sdrtrunk my radio reference user id and password are already in the program.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
So when I remove it, its just the folder that is created when it’s extracted and the sdrtrunk folder in my c: user folder that need deleted? When iv downloaded different versions of sdrtrunk my radio reference user id and password are already in the program.
run registry editor (hold down windows key and click r to open the run command, type in regedit then click ok)

in the address area paste
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\io\github\dsheirer\preference\radioreference

click your enter key

Screenshot (355).jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The SDRTrunk folder in your User directory is basically a place to store settings and recordings, screen captures, JMBE library builds, etc. I have 2 versions of SDRT on my Windows machine that share this folder. You can keep it or delete it.

Big_kerm85

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't get it to run after all the suggestions, im using DSD+ Fast Lane and its working fine. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.