Kansas roll call

tipster67

This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
System Types:
Motorola Type I
Motorola Type II
Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
Motorola Type II Smartnet
Motorola Type II Smartzone
Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
EDACS Standard (Wide)
EDACS Standard Networked
EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
EDACS Narrowband Networked
EDACS SCAT
EDACS ESK (Non-ProVoice)
LTR Standard
System Voices:
Analog

Your scanner is not compatible with the P25 system (KSICS is P25).
KSICS = Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS)
System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

I really hope this has helped ya!!

WQOC472

Cowley Co.

Hello everyone,

I monitor Cowley County frequencies, Arkansas City PD,FD/EMS, Local Media and Cowley Co. Sheriff as well as Cowley Co. Emergency Mgt.

CL-639
Kenwood TK-8160,880,260 Motorola CP-150,Maxtrac300 Greecom PSR-100,500 Yaesu FT-1900R,2900R

SCPD

QRT
Butler County Area, monitor Butler/Cowley/Sedgwick mainly. Work in emergency services in the County so I get to talk on them too! :) Just sold 996T to a buddy so I could upgrade to 996XT and got it working yesterday.

thagewood

Newton,KS

Hello all I live in Newton, KS-Harvey Co. I monitor Harvey, McPherson, Butler, Sedgwick, and Reno along with all the P25 system I can recieve.

factorone

Hey guys,

Living in Leawood, KS on the state line (literally), and working in Olathe near I-35. I used to live in Garden City up until 2003, then moved to Hays and monitored up there for nearly 7 years. Moved to the KC metro area in September of '10.

I monitor Wyandotte County trunked, Johnson County P25, MARCER (old JoCo 800), KCMO, Grandview MO, Raytown MO, Independence P-25, and the KSICS Leavenworth and Paola towers with a Pro-197 and a Pro-96 handheld, and on occasion I bring out the Pro-95 when I need extra monitoring. I'll also catch Lawrence when signal is good.

I also work for and monitor Kansas Speedway conventional channels (all 15 of them).

The company I work for just became an EF Johnson rep, and we're fixing to try and start getting radios out in the KS/MO/OK/NE areas. EFJ's new radios are P25/SmartZone/SmartNet compatible, so you may see me popping up with info related to those from time to time.

I live in So KcMO & have so many radios that it would take a page and a half or more to list.
to put it mildly i have radios monitoring just about anything that is trunked in kc including Passport, LTR, EDACS, Mot P25, MotTypeII, and TypeI, and at least as many PCs running the various flavors of Trunker & Etrunker, both dos and windoze vers, to log all that goes on around here. all of them are networked to grab log files as needed. some are used to feed shoutcast send audio to the net and i use skype to monitor/log in realtime remotely & privatly when i need to.
As i have several radios around the KC metro area to get things i cant hear from home

My other half is a "ScannerNut" too, also I am a ham for over 30 yrs or so.

so radio is spoken in my house as well.

Sm0ke

When I was in high school living in GC, I recall subscribing to an email newsletter put together by a handfull of individuals, and I recall Dr Sm0ke being one of them. Nice to see you're still out there. That newsletter was my drug of choice once I got my hands on a scanner.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Live in Lenexa. Just getting back into the hobby after a several year hiatus. Had sold all my scanners to fund a new hobby (radio controlled planes/helos...ya wanna talk about an expensive hobby...lol), so i'm still debating what my new scanner will be. I do know it will have to be digital, to keep up with all the upgraded systems around these parts. Still doing my research, but it seems to be coming down to the Home Patrol vs BCD996xt...with the GRE 800 as a distant 3rd.

73's,

Heath / N0ZCL

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I live in Dighton, Lane county Kansas. At the intersection of K-96 & K-23 to make easy to find on a map. I have 2 new scanners a handheld GRE PSR-500 and a Pro-197 desktop. I monitor all of Scott, Ness, Gove, Gray and Trego Counties. As well as KHP out of Garden City, which I can hear all the way to Liberal and along Highway160. I also have KHP out of Hays along I-70 west. I do hear Oakly PD from time to time as well as Fish and Game. I have Scott State Lake and Cedar Bluff plugged in but as of yet I have heard no traffic.

I do listen to Lane ounty EMS & Fire. But Lane County SO is encrptied at this time. That is something I'm going to work on getting turned off.

I've been a scanner nut sense 1976 when I bought my dad his very first scanner. (an 8 channel RCA plug the crystle in) Back then Wichita had 5 channels for PD & 2 fire.

PJ007

Hi I'm Petra, and I'm a very new Ham (working on getting my first radio). I live in Jefferson county but I drive through Douglas, Leavenworth, and Johnson all the time. I got my Ham license mainly for storm spotting purposes, but it is a neat hobby regardless!

rankin39

Hi I'm Petra, and I'm a very new Ham (working on getting my first radio). I live in Jefferson county but I drive through Douglas, Leavenworth, and Johnson all the time. I got my Ham license mainly for storm spotting purposes, but it is a neat hobby regardless!

Hi Petra,
I'm about a mile inside LV county to your East. What frequency(ies) is Jefferson Co. using for storm spotting these days? Back when NØEUH lived in Mclouth there was a repeater on 147.06, but that's no longer the case. It would be useful if I could monitor you guys just West of me during storms. Is there both a county freq. and an amateur freq. in use?

Bob, WØNXN

PJ007

Hi Petra,
I'm about a mile inside LV county to your East. What frequency(ies) is Jefferson Co. using for storm spotting these days? Back when NØEUH lived in Mclouth there was a repeater on 147.06, but that's no longer the case. It would be useful if I could monitor you guys just West of me during storms. Is there both a county freq. and an amateur freq. in use?

Bob, WØNXN

I'm not sure. I have been trying to research it but I am having no luck, and I don't personally know any hams in this county to ask them (plus I am very new to all of this). It is a very good question though as it would be very helpful to you (and me to!) to know the frequency, if there is one I guess. Perhaps one of us should make a thread with the question to see if anyone knows? Sorry I am not much help!

rankin39

I'm not sure. I have been trying to research it but I am having no luck, and I don't personally know any hams in this county to ask them (plus I am very new to all of this). It is a very good question though as it would be very helpful to you (and me to!) to know the frequency, if there is one I guess. Perhaps one of us should make a thread with the question to see if anyone knows? Sorry I am not much help!

If you're the only active 2 meter ham in Jefferson Co. you could listen on 147.000 from Leavenworth. Most of the storm spotters have county talkies on the 800 MHz. trunk, but a few use the ham repeater. If you have observations to pass along, you should be able to get through on the KSoLV, 147.0 repeater. Jefferson Co. has some spotters because I hear their Emergency Management calling Leavenworth sometimes. They may be mostly volunteer firemen. If you come up with anything let me know. You might just try phoning the JeffCo courthouse and see if you can get anyone in Emergency Management.

Bob, WoNXN

KE0MD

Jeremy, KE0MD, here. Monitoring from beautiful Iola (Allen Co) Kansas. Mostly listen to the Allen and Woodson county police, fire, and ems traffic, as well as the local Ham frequencies. Looking forward to the day I can afford my first P25 scanner, and get into the fun of listening to KSICS!

Gmod12

Premium Subscriber
I'm Greg from Atchison.. Have my ear listening to Atchison County, City and the KSICS on my HomePatrol. I also listen to KCMO and Buchan County Mo.

NR0W

N0mxi

Hi name here is chuck and i live in minneapolis . i monitor ottawa and saline counties with the surrounding counties , railroad , aircraft filling in the empty spots. my first scanner was not a scanner don't think they had them yet , a Lafayette telsat 50 23 channel cb with a 2 channel tunable 30-50 mhz recv. ive also owned 10 ch regency , bc 210 ,220's and radio shack scanners. i been around L.E. and E.M. and radio monitor for close to 45 yrs. happy listening N0MXI

cellsitetc

Ok all.. Does anyone know what the new freq's & trunk channels are for the new digital system that has been launched for the Wichita Ks area? Bel Aire, Haysville, Derby etc have all moved.. I cant seem to find them anywhere here on Radio Reference.. Help, my scanner is now to quite & I know they didnt fall of the face of the earth..
Thank you :)
Cellsitetc

tipster67

A new FCC License shows these will be the new frequencies when this system is re-banded:

Caught a few in use so far.... No proof any re-banding has been done yet.
Also I have found a few new "Tactical" TG's, but not sure to post... Seems they want these secret.