Kansas roll call

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
Gadgetman728 here - I monitor Wichita and surrounding areas. I travel back & forth to McPherson, so I monitor it on a regular basis too.
Buckskinner33 did the first "edits" on the original starrsoft programs we use to program the Wichita system. He knows the Motorola system very well. I have kept it up to date and used to do programming for Radio Shack.
I gave Mark in Derby the "edits" he puts on peoples scanners currently. I anyone in the area needs help, PM me here and I'll try and help.

fire_512

Hello,

I live in Riley county but I travel the state during storm season and pretty much throughout the year. I primarily scan conventional systems due to the outragous price of a P25 Scanner. I listen to Riley, Pottawatomie, Wabausnsee, Geary, Clay, Dickinson, Cloud, Washington, Marshall, Nemaha, Jackson, Ottawa, Saline, Marion, Ellsworth, McPherson, Harvey, Reno, Rice, Pratt, Kingman, Stafford, Morris, Barber, and Russell Counties on their Emergency Services systems.

I'm also a ham radio operator and operate primarily on The K-Link Repeater System. The National Weather Service Office in Wichita has an internet link into the system and monitors the system during severe weather events. I try to monitor the local ham repeaters while travelling throughout the K-Link System.

73's and happy scanning, KC0NER
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-8800R
Vertex VX-424-5
GE Monogram
Kenwood 732A
Radio Shack HTX 212
Radio Shack PRO2066
Uniden BC350C x 3

bottk

I live in wamego and listen to pott co, riley co, wabaunsee co, as well as analog and digital trunked for shawnee co, topeka, salina, nearly all services.
I use a Uniden BCD996t, and a Uniden BC895xlt.

rtfred

New Scanner

I bought a BCD396XT from ScannerMaster and now I'm learning everything from the structure of trunking systems to how to program using FreeScan. I'm interested in the public service sector as well as aviation activities that are available for scanning in here NE Johnson county.

jhwker

Live in Lindsborg.
Listen to Smoky Hill ANG Range, McPherson County Public Safety, KSICS, Saline County, KHP conventional, and various Military air/ground frequencies.

GRE PSR-600
RadioShack Pro-95
RadioShack Pro-2006 modified

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to RR.

I travel through your area at times. Which tower do you use for KSICS?

Thanks.
\
Live in Lindsborg.
Listen to Smoky Hill ANG Range, McPherson County Public Safety, KSICS, Saline County, KHP conventional, and various Military air/ground frequencies.

GRE PSR-600
RadioShack Pro-95
RadioShack Pro-2006 modified

jhwker

Welcome to RR.

I travel through your area at times. Which tower do you use for KSICS?

Thanks.
\

Strong signal on 866.73750 which is probably the Bennington tower. When using a NPN-97 Nomad portable all band antenna my PSR-600 reads 99%. Using a Radio Shack 800MHZ antenna I only get around 45 - 60%.

tvs1520

Burlington area, use a BCD396XT and a PRO-164.
Listen to law, medical, and storm spotters.

jasonkw

Jason here from Hutchinson.

I've been using a BC200XLT since the early 90's. Just bought a PRO-106 to be ready when Hutch and Reno co. switch.

I listen to local public safety in addition to railroads and occasionally aircraft.

Flatridge

NG in Barber County here. Just your basic BC92XLT user. Apparently, the county/city just went P25 and need to learn the latest in the digital world of scanning. I upgraded today and hope to find what I need, it looks like I will....

TomMaue

I live in Wabaunsee County and have just purchased my first scanner (Pro-197). So far I have not been able to hear anything..... not sure where I am going wrong. Have downloaded from Radio reference and the only traffic I hear is from UP RR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

n0lqt

Tom,

I forgot to look if you were a premimum subcriber or not. If not, it's a good investment especially with the KSICS system changing so frequently. Get your subscription and just download the entire system to your radio. Once you get all the talkgroups and control channels in, you can split up the different services into different scan lists. I have seperate KSICS - ALL, KSICS - LAW, and KSICS - FIRE/EMS scan lists all using the scannable objects from the download.

Last edited:

TomMaue

Thanks for the reply and information. I only have Wabaunsee County on right now, working on improving reception by adding a rooftop antenna. When I get thru that I will download them all. Yes, I am a premium subscribe and agree it is well worth its price!

kckfire

Premium Subscriber
I moved from De Soto (Johnson Co) to Lawrence (Douglas Co) about 1 year ago. I typically monitor fireground ops, skywarn ops, and amateur radio for Douglas & Johnson. Have been an enthusiast since I was 15. JoCo's upgrade to P25 finally forced me into a digital scanner -still learning the ins & outs of my recently acquired 396XT.

I'm also a HAM operator (KU0J - formerly KC0IHP) and former volunteer Firefighter/EMT for De Soto.

73, KU0J

Uniden BC780XLT x 2
Uniden BC246T
Uniden BCD396XT
Icom IC-207H
Icom IC-208H
Yaesu VX-8R

Last edited:

terry67401

Ok...first of all I live in Salina and primarily listen to Salina PD/FD/EMS and KHP Troop C as well as the law enforcement in the surrounding counties of Ellsworth, McPherson, Dickinson, and Ottawa. Some nights the Junction City PD & FD come in as well. I am a scanner nut to say the least and have been listenin for about 15 years or so. After reading through this thread, I do have a couple of questions. First of all, what exactly is a P25 scanner?? I have no idea if mine is or not...its a Radio Shack Pro-107 handheld. It is easily the most expensive scanner I have ever bought and it worked beautifully when I was in Wichita recently. Second question is what exactly is KSICS?? I see the frequencies on here...just wondering exactly they are for and what is monitored through them?? Not trying to be scanner illiterate here, I have just never quite heard those terms before. Can anyone enlighten me please??

-Terry