ProScan: Key Re-use

Pr999

WRYF747
Premium Subscriber
I plan to factory reset my pc after working out the licensed software issues and I don't want to use up my last key on this PC. Is there a way to re-use my first key after reset?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Remove the key before the reset, see info in link.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
You can also remove the activation by running the outlined .exe file contained within your Proscan program directory
1722890290029.png

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
And all this will save the key, correct? I just want to be sur
reinstalling ProScan and setting it up again should not use your second’key’. The install on that pc is saved in the registry, so the reinstall should not count as a second use.

Worse come to worst, you can email Bob. He can cancel your original registration and issue a new key with two installs available. Use one for the machine you are resetting, and keep the second one unless and until you add a second pc and installation

I had to do that. The pc where I first installed ProScan had a total drive failure. My original key receipt was saved on that machine.

Not long after that, my laptop, which used my ‘second’ install bit the dust, so I could not remove the activation on either machine. Bob canceled the original key, and reissued a new key so that I could reinstall on replacement PC’s. He handles those type of requests via email. Sent him an email explaining what happened, and he simply canceled the original key and issued a new one with two installs available. Took less than a day for his response, so unless he’s’out of pocket’ on vacation somewhere you’ll be up and running with little delay