KSP Post 12 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I bought the RadioShack PRO 164 today and the manager at the store said it was digital... Is it or not??

Thanks

mastr

If by "digital" you mean "will it decode P-25 transmissions such as those of KSP", no.

SCPD

QRT
so you are saying it will not pick up KSP??

What do you suggest I do?? The manager said that it was digital.

mastr

Do what ever you care to. You have been sold an item that will not do what you want it to do.

It is up to you to decide if you were misled by the seller, or simply failed to ask the right question.

mastr

I own a 25+ year old Regency MX3000. It has been shut off maybe 8 or 10 times since I bought it.

It doesn't do "digital", trunking, or even 800Mhz.

jerk

Yeah that manager...

Contacted Radioshack already...Thank you

Thanks,
-Eric

Sure it's digital, 1,2,3,4,5... it takes digital numbers. But will not receive digital frequencies and the manager doesn't know the difference.
Order a Pro-106 or it might be in stock already. 20-106, that will do everything you need and want. It's the same scanner as the GRE-500

Dispatch2323

Do you program the KSP at a p-25 conventional system or motorola type II p-25 UHF?

460.13750 KCQ735 RM 186 NAC KSP04-2B Elizabethtown-Hardin County Transmitter P25 Law Dispatch

jerk

Do you program the KSP at a p-25 conventional system or motorola type II p-25 UHF?

460.13750 KCQ735 RM 186 NAC KSP04-2B Elizabethtown-Hardin County Transmitter P25 Law Dispatch

Conventional, there is no trunking involved.
On the Uniden's make sure you don't use CTCSS codes or searching.
Just program 460.xxxx and you'll hear it if in range

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Is the KSP system digital?

Yes... you need a scanner that will receive a digital signal. Currently there are six scanners on the market that will do that. They are: Pro-96/Pro 2096, GRE 500/600 or a Uniden 396T/996T... All of them are available from various sources on line and in the Mall, I recommend Scannermaster because they are friends of rr.com... Despite what any Rat Shack manager/seller says, these are the only six scanners that are digital scanners in the sense that they will, for example, receive KSP (Uniden's promised 396XT/996XT are NOT on the market as of this writing).

If you purchase a PRO96/2096 or 396T/996T you will need to enter the freqs in "FM" mode, if you have the GRE 500/600 you can enter the Network Access Code (NAC) for each freq--this will reduce "interference" from other freqs....

The 96 was available when I called this morning on the Rat Shack web site, I called around to stores in my area and none had them on the shelves... but one store did try to sell me a "digital" scanner (the PRO 164)!

I recommend programming software for which ever scanner you buy--there are good free and commercial programs available for all six radios... and the appropriate cables to connect to a computer....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This thread has obviously run it's course...
The original poster had his questions answered many times over....
If anyone has any other related/unrelated questions please start a new thread and
ask your questions there...
Thanks for Unitcharlie and others for your patience in answering the same questions multiple times...
Thanks & Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Edit: Steve (Unitcharlie) I used your post above and made a sticky thread that should answer most peoples questions about monitoring the KSP.
Please let me know if I need to add/modify anything.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.