LA County Fire "Future Use" freqs testing

StephanBH

Premium Subscriber
The DISPATCH talk group is now only brought down based off subscriber affiliations.
That makes sense based on my testing today, only heard traffic at points (site held to Downtown 700 or West 700). Personally (as someone who listens daily) I would love a full patch given the reception and clarity on LARICS is so much better for my location, however I can understand it would not be typically needed in practice. Got curious and had the time to compare. 😂

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned, all Dispatch channels along with the first up Command channels for each are up. All other commands coming soon. Maybe even LAC A/G. Working on filters to remove the key tones. Thanks to the Los Angeles County Firefighters Association for funding this huge project!

You should hear the same traffic on D-2 & D-5 24/7. Same traffic, different repeater coverage.

DPK, TPK, BJM, & two main land sites (RHT & CCB).

Yes. For All Hazards incidents, you will see the COMMAND## phantom unit ID.

Correct. The simulcasts were built for their geographic usage. LAC U-1 & U-2 are countywide.

See above quote re: feeds. 🤙🏼
I remember some mention of Signal Hill in the RICS JPA board agendas. Was that site scrapped for Catalina & Coastal TRO-5 channels? Would seem like a more ideal site than the Compton courthouse.