Status
Not open for further replies.

jrholm

L-TAC 2 has been down for two days now, so I'm guessing they are working on the South LA and Catalina repeaters for narrowbanding. Avalon Station was using S-TAC 4 yesterday, but today ran into some units using S-4 for a warrant search. Haven't heard them since and didn't hear an announcement for "switch to ____."
Seems relatively easy for ISD to go to each station and reprogram radios and repeaters... but OC can't do that to get fire comms in the clear. (*eye roll*)
Well, since Catalina only has 1 or 2 deputies working at a time, the word to switch was most likely passed in person and maybe a phone call to the isthmus deputy

PaulNDaOC

With LASD narrowbanding their UHF Channel 16 channels, has anyone heard any differences in coverage from what it had been previously with wide band versus the new narrowband channels? I understand that this is a work in progress as the updating teams go through the County for the mobiles and portables and the mountaintop equipment is completed.
On Disp 13 Norwalk/Pico Rivera I am still receiving both dispatch and l-tac without any noticeable difference in area of expected coverage.

Doublea626

It's back to quiet in recent month(s)... Are they on the North Tac again? I have a tone alert set for the dispatch and zero-

Status
Not open for further replies.