• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Latest MPT1327 Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
In this thread I would like to update RR viewers on the latest developments of the ever evolving protocol that is MPT1327.

Latest Radios:

From HYT, the HYT TC-780M
Key Features:

* MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F & IP54
* Encyption group call
* Full VoX
* Full Off Air Call Setup (FOACSU)

07083016357479.jpg

From Tait, the TM8254
Key Features:

* Handheld control head
* Dual mode
1550ch analogue & trunked MPT1327
* Available in most frequency bands
* Internal data modem
* Built in inversion scambling
* Direct connect to enable GPS to be sent or displayed on 4 line display.

new_ta1.jpg

From Entel, the HX400 & HX700 series
Key Features:

HX400

* 1023 analogue channels
* IP55 rated
* 1800mah Li-ion battery
* Full graphical scrolling display
* Available in bands from 66mhz-870mhz (Conv. only also available in 30-50mhz)
* Text/ e-mail messages & optional bluetooth GPS

PR42ET.jpg

Key Features:

HX700

* Mobile phone style menus
* Full P68 submersibility

* 1800mah Li-ion battery
* Full graphical scrolling display
* Text/ e-mail messages & optional bluetooth GPS
* Available in bands from 66mhz-870mhz (Conv. only also available in 30-50mhz)
PR84ET.jpg

As you can see, some very interesting new products out from different manufacturers.

Last edited:

citylink_uk

Database Admin
Hi,

I think Entel have come up with some really good products with the Ht700 and HX400 series radios. Two solid orders by the UK and Scottish Fire services for thousands of radios must count for something here. I also like the innovative features they are developing such as Bluetooth beacon locating and GPS integration and the band support for 30MhZ through to 800MhZ.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with in the mobile sector when their new models are released.

Tait are also a company that comes up with some very good solutions and are experts in MPT1327 trunking and it's associated workings. The new TM8254 is a good product, saving space and creating a modern looking radio.

Not such about HYT, being a new company of mainly budget priced radios I’ve yet to have an opinion on them.

hbalinas

We were testing HYT MPT radios, but they appear as originally designed for CPSX (Chinese variation of MPT) and they do not apply strictly for MPT1343 mandatory rules. Mainly about user facilities.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
Yes, the Chinese adopted many different numbering systems that weren't up to spec but i've been told by a dealer friend that the latest ones can be set-up to the normal standard.

I'd still trust one of the bigger companies though as most Chinese products look good, but often fall down on longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.