LCN vs RR Database discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I ran an LCN finder function on an EDACS system I listen to.

On the RR DB for this system, there are 14 frequencies, starting out with an LCN of "1".

On the scanner, after running the finder, I end up with 13 out of 14, so, I guess, one of those frequencies is "0" on the LCN list.

My question is, why on the RR DB there's no "0" LCN yet on the scanner, after uploading to Sentinel the results, there is a "0" and, if the LCN is critical, why the discrepancy?

I'd like to submit my findings to the database but, not sure how all this works.

For reference, my system of choice is in Florida, Volusia County EDACS, County West System 1A.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
LCN 0 is not valid for an EDACS system. If your scanner is showing one of the frequencies as LCN 0 after running LCN Finder, it simply means that the scanner never saw any voice activity on that frequency, and therefore it couldn't determine the LCN.

Most likely the frequency in question is the site's active control channel, is that correct? Do the other 13 frequencies match LCN with what's in the RRDB?

Here's a better question...why did you find it necessary to run LCN Finder on the site in the first place? Is your scanner not tracking the site correctly with the LCN values that have been in the RRDB for years? It seems like running LCN Finder on such an old, established system is a solution seeking a problem. :unsure:

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Since the system is not local to me, meaning, I need the help of a Yagi to listen to it, there are some transmissions that linger after everyone is done talking, so I assume either I'm too far from the system for my scanner to receive the signal to switch to the next frequency in use or to resume scanning or the RR DB LCN posted isn't up to date.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So after running LCN Finder on all 14 frequencies of that site, none of the results match what is in the RRDB? That's a bit odd.

Since this system is distant to you, I would strongly suggest collaborating with members in Volusia County who can better verify the LCN assignments before you submit anything.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If it's a distant system, your LCN Finder results are probably wrong if they don't match the database. The discrepancy is most likely decoding errors due to weak signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.