LCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are a couple of threads in the Canadian Atlantic Maritime forum (where I'll suggest this be moved) that suggests that this system is not labeled correctly. It looks like it should be a Tier 3 system, not Cap Max. As I understand it, Cap Max is Motorola's adaptation of the Tier 3 protocol but isn't quite the same thing.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While you're waiting, look here; this is where your area is covered. I would also ask that your title be changed - just saying 'LCN' isn't going to get a lot of attention. They will rightly ask 'LCN for WHAT?"

Mike

hfxChris

Database Admin
There are a couple of threads in the Canadian Atlantic Maritime forum (where I'll suggest this be moved) that suggests that this system is not labeled correctly. It looks like it should be a Tier 3 system, not Cap Max. As I understand it, Cap Max is Motorola's adaptation of the Tier 3 protocol but isn't quite the same thing.

Mike

Hmm? It's definitely a capacity max system...

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Those are the channel numbers from dsd+
If an odd number, subtract 1, divide by 2
If an even number, subtract 2, divide by 2

This only applies to cap max and other TIII systems. Con+ and Cap+ use a different formula

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This belongs in the wiki - we're trying to gather all these little tips like this in one place

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Then shouldn't this be listed as a MOTOTRBO Capacity Max system, and not TIII? I can easily see the confusion, because I sure am....Mike
The system is correctly listed as DMR Tier 3 Capacity Max. Capacity Max is Motorola's implementation of Tier 3. While Capacity Max does have some proprietary MOTOTRBO features, it can also be run in full Tier 3 compliance mode if desired.

There are a couple of threads in the Canadian Atlantic Maritime forum (where I'll suggest this be moved) that suggests that this system is not labeled correctly. It looks like it should be a Tier 3 system, not Cap Max.
You sure about that? The three threads I just read through don't seem to suggest that at all, in fact it was confirmed that it is a Capacity Max system, and that's exactly how it's listed in the RRDB.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes quite sure....

(messages 26 and 27)

in which it's stated that this is a Motorola Cap Max system (OK fine...)

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yes quite sure....

(messages 26 and 27)

in which it's stated that this is a Motorola Cap Max system (OK fine...)

Mike
And the issue is? The system is listed correctly in the RRDB. Uniden scanners do not distinguish between Tier 3 and Capacity Max; it displays DT3 for both. Perhaps that's another request for Joe, to have it show DT3 for generic Tier 3 and MAX for Capacity Max, but as of right now, they are not distinguishable without using software like DSD+.

Status
Not open for further replies.