LMRN General Discussion

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So that's another site on the new system that you've discovered. Typically what they are using is using the alternate control channel from the current FleetNet sites as the control channel from the new system.

Nice find... I'm sure we will see lots of sites popping up in the coming months.

32dave

Premium Subscriber
142.110 just popped up under LCN I'm guessing its input freq although Brant has 5 channels.

Another channel has popped up

Attachments

• new4.png
    new4.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 18

gary123

I did a sweep yesterday. Nothing heard except Brantford and Listowel. Now hearing Woodstock.

Taking bets on what site is next LOL. Speculating they may be setting up a site in each county and then fill in once all the counties are done. Transitioning Woodstock that fast shows they are moving into high gear so to speak.

ATCTech

Seeing LMRN Woodstock site #21 from here near Milton tonight when it's not being clobbered by Apsley (FleetNet Zone 2). Propagation to the northeast has been half decent for the last couple of hours.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
A couple of nights ago, we had a fantastic band opening, and I was hearing a P25 control channel on 141.705 MHz. Sadly, it was too weak to decode, but I suspect it was from Ontario based on the propagation patterns that night favoring activity well to the east of Michigan.

73's

Ron

32dave

Premium Subscriber
Oxford LMRN just went down and FleetNet is acting wonky. Showing up as MPT1327 could be because there is no CC not sure jumping through the freqs to see if I can find it again.
Getting a weak CC on142.110 again. I have looked up 142.110 is in use on the Chatham-Kent and Mowat (Toronto) Towers neither as a control channel

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-27 100115.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-27 100115.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 24

gary123

Sounds like they are doing some work at the site. When this type of thing happens take a look at the neighbor list on FleetNet. If it's blank then they have routed everyone to other sites while they work on that one.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Anyone know where the recent OPP updates came from on the LMRN page?
I've been monitoring multiple sites in my area and haven't logged any OPP testing, so I'm curious if those are educated guesses or more than that...

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I was curious where the name came from but I realized it's actually right here: Ontario Newsroom

It actually makes it sound like they were referring to FleetNet as "PSRN" (Since they capitalize the name). Interesting.

1632858730149.png

justinbegley_

Premium Subscriber
I heard from another source who works for BMR saying nothing is really going on with the system. Most OPP cars don't have LMRN radios, EMS don't. The province hasn't paid a penny for the system at all yet, and its at kind of a standstill.
Can't see how the system can go live in two months. I've yet to see any activity (radio testing wise) on any of the new sites.
OPP, Essex Windsor EMS has been doing testing. EMS has been doing page testing here as well

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
justinbegley_ said:
OPP, Essex Windsor EMS has been doing testing. EMS has been doing page testing here as well

Where are you observing this activity... On the Windsor LMRN site?

gary123

I have not heard anything on Woodstock or Listowel yet. I have to admit I'm only checking every few days though.

32dave

Premium Subscriber
Oxford seems to be either doing some work or have jumped to the new system. I just got home from work and this is what's showing up. If they are not on the new system, anybody know where they are ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-19 101705.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-19 101705.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 34

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You're saying there's no activity on the normal FleetNet site? If that site is down activity could just be on neighboring sites or on PCOM, SIM11 etc.

32dave

Premium Subscriber
I went through the other freqs and nothing is popping up. What is PCOM?
For some reason SDRTrunk is working as I hear them but Unitrunker isn't. They are testing site controllers for Oxford and Oxford OPP is on a different tower as they are coming over online properly. Units are complaining about reception problems.