LMRN General Discussion

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've been parked on the Essex site for weeks now... I'm not having any issues (with DSD+). I logged quite a few groups back in May/June but really haven't seen any activity since.

gary123

I have not heard of any changes to the Essex site. I'm not sure what is telling your SDR to switch from the 142.665 to a 800 MHz freq.

To hazard a guess I would say your software is misreading a channel grant from the CC.

justinbegley_

Premium Subscriber
Could be the trucking industry and other people who fall under MTO direct enforcement may have deep pockets. Encrypting would close the potential door of monitoring to avoid enforcement.
Just so everyone is aware, I work for DBi which is an MTO contractor in Windsor. Bell and Kelcom radio came today to setup our new radios for LMRN. Everything, except MTO Maintenance will be encrypted. I asked the Bell Technicians.

OPP will switch in two months, and it’s a flick of a switch.

Diddley

Terrific. There's goes $1000 in equipment down the drain. What genius(es) originally came up with this idiocy in the first place? Let me guess. Our lovely government again...

Muxlow

Super Secret
Just so everyone is aware, I work for DBi which is an MTO contractor in Windsor. Bell and Kelcom radio came today to setup our new radios for PSRN. Everything, except MTO Maintenance will be encrypted. I asked the Bell Technicians.

OPP will switch in two months, and it’s a flick of a switch.

I heard from another source who works for BMR saying nothing is really going on with the system. Most OPP cars don't have LMRN radios, EMS don't. The province hasn't paid a penny for the system at all yet, and its at kind of a standstill.
Can't see how the system can go live in two months. I've yet to see any activity (radio testing wise) on any of the new sites.

gary123

COVID has thrown a major monkey wrench into the system transition. A lot of finances and other resources have been rerouted because of the pandemic.

Also there is concern over recent issues concerning Motorola CPS and firmware for the APX line. I'm not going to get involved in specifics but several have raised the question about crashing the fleet on a bad update. Rumor has it too that even with OTAP/R trying to keep the system at a current version my become a logistical nightmare. CPS is currently updated about every 3 months and the Firmware as often or more.

We can add in Listowel (004 ---> 1.4) to the sites running a PSRN CC. No neighbor sites on the CC.

Notice the 142.515 freq. It's also in use in Chatham. That's pretty close distance for a duplicated frequency in my opinion. BUT this is just the setup and not necessarily the final configuration.

Diddley

COVID has thrown a major monkey wrench into the system transition. A lot of finances and other resources have been rerouted because of the pandemic. Also there is concern over recent issues concerning Motorola CPS and firmware for the APX line. I'm not going to get involved in specifics but several have raised the question about crashing the fleet on a bad update. Rumor has it too that even with OTAP/R trying to keep the system at a current version my become a logistical nightmare. CPS is currently updated about every 3 months and the Firmware as often or more

Yep. That along with the dozen or so radios they acquired that (apparently) were defective right out of the box. Completely deaf/dead. You really can't make this stuff up. Also, the MOH patch channels linked up to the hospital ER's are nowhere near ready for the changeover from what I last heard -- adding yet another potential delay.

I'll consider the transition complete when I no longer hear or see any activity over FleetNet or on the control channel.

32dave

Premium Subscriber
COVID has thrown a major monkey wrench into the system transition. A lot of finances and other resources have been rerouted because of the pandemic.

Also there is concern over recent issues concerning Motorola CPS and firmware for the APX line. I'm not going to get involved in specifics but several have raised the question about crashing the fleet on a bad update. Rumor has it too that even with OTAP/R trying to keep the system at a current version my become a logistical nightmare. CPS is currently updated about every 3 months and the Firmware as often or more.

We can add in Listowel (004 ---> 1.4) to the sites running a PSRN CC. No neighbor sites on the CC.

Notice the 142.515 freq. It's also in use in Chatham. That's pretty close distance for a duplicated frequency in my opinion. BUT this is just the setup and not necessarily the final configuration.
I figured they were going to reuse the freqs as these are also FleetNet.

EJB

20 + year membership
I haven't spent much time monitoring the MTO crews in a long time, but today I'm running FleetNet in Search mode , a list of all the Zone 1 towers thrown in.

It's the first time that I've seen MTO crews in action. I also noticed a few radios have radio id's closing in on 50 000. Saw a radio id for MTO of 49157.

I'm guessing these are new radios for LMRN?

gary123

I too expect them to reuse the current tower frequencies at each site. Transition from 1 LMRN CC and one voice to 2 voice then 3 until everyone has migrated. Once that has happened shut off the FleetNet CC

EJB

20 + year membership
I think everyone should spend some time and run searches on the FleetNet range, 140-144. Anyone can the hear the difference in control channel sounds and NAC codes will be different.

I was out with a friend on Saturday in the SW and heard nothing new.

32dave

Premium Subscriber
OK so not sure but they might have switched cc is now 142.5300 and have a look at this

And so comes new system coming off of oxford tower Only 4 channels

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 28
  • new1.png
    new1.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 28
  • new2.png
    new2.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 27
  • new3.png