looking for a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suburban_1988

hello,

I new to this well I've played around with scanners before but now I looking to buy my own I'm looking for a handheld for mainly burlington opp but if I can mto and that to but opp will be fine I was wondering if anyone had one they are willing to sell or would know where a could get one for a decent price thanks in advance

mciupa

Please enable your e-mail otherwise members may not contact you with offers.

Private sellers are your best bet for a decent price, but then you may miss out on warranties in case something goes wrong.

Last edited:

gary123

For new or used you will have to decide on what manufacturer you like. There are a ton of Unidens out there I prefer Uniden. There are also some whistler units available too. These are also very popular. Another thing to look at is third market programming software (dont forget the programming cables). These softwares make programming a unit very easy since you can just copy a file directly to the scanner and be operational instantly.

papa_p

DMR

Yeah I am looking for a used DMR scanner. if not, Are there import or duty charged buying from Amazon.com.

mciupa

Yeah I am looking for a used DMR scanner. if not, Are there import or duty charged buying from Amazon.com.

I paid $68 on a $400 USD order when I bought a BCD 536HP from Amazon.com. Took three days to ship from Kentucky. I didn't mind, I'm still +$200 CDN ahead, bottom line when you factor in the horrendous exchange rate.

Watch for lightning deals, last weekend the 436 was selling for $337 USD on Amazon.com

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you don't want a fancy, location enabled scanner with a built in database, check out the Uniden 325P2. You can program it by hand or with software and you can purchase a DMR update for it from Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.