Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The downtown sites which I tend to monitor most often have plenty of Phase-2 traffic. Looking at the activity log, the majority is P2.

pewpew45

Sounds like abd and sud analog is patched to larics talkgroups. Wonder if they are getting ready to switch those people also and if it will be clear or encrypted.

monitor142

Sounds like abd and sud analog is patched to larics talkgroups. Wonder if they are getting ready to switch those people also and if it will be clear or encrypted.
Based on what I have seen so far on ABD, the helos and 950 David are using the trunked radio system with trunked ID's showing up. Dispatch is still patched to the channel on the conventional side. Time will tell on the final results. Sounds like Dispatch has not fully cut over to using the trunked talkgroups yet on their consoles.

bazukajoe

Something is going down this morning
Dispatch 12 is on self Dispatch what ever that means? No radio activity has been heard

Other Dispatch freq have no patch as 1015 am. No patch heard 🫢😬🫨😶‍🌫️
No patch Monday

brian808

FYI, not hearing traffic on ABD analog but seeing lots of traffic on the LA-RICS ABD TG which is encrypted.

brian808

The TG (318) you are listening to is indeed in the clear, but is patched to a new encrypted TG which is what they will be using from what I heard. Possibility all patches will be dropped today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
You only need a phase II radio if they are transmitting in TDMA. The back end of the system might be PHASE II but still transmitting in FDMA

tkenny53

LACoFD, I have started listening to just the dispatch, last week East dispatch was a mans voice, West dispatch was a lady.
In the analog system this was not unusual. So my question is this, are all dispatched freq's, using the same info, meaning all of them dispatch at the same time with the same info? Or is each area dispatch using a different voice and or just the local area info?

LACoFD, I have started listening to just the dispatch, last week East dispatch was a mans voice, West dispatch was a lady.
In the analog system this was not unusual. So my question is this, are all dispatched freq's, using the same info, meaning all of them dispatch at the same time with the same info? Or is each area dispatch using a different voice and or just the local area info?

What Dispatch channels are you referring to? There are many.

Eng74

The county wide dispatch, Blue 8 is what is being rebroadcast on the LARICS.