LWIN Discussion Thread

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This sticky thread is for the sole purpose of helping to identify talk groups heard on the LATIE system. When posting an unknown, please specify where you heard it, what type of traffic you heard and any possible identifying information you may have. When posting information that may identify the TG, please reference which post (use the post #) that first posted the unknown. Of course if you have a new TG, that you have the information for, don't post it here, submit it to the DB.
Thanks.

(If you wrap your TG Info in CODE symbols you can keep columns lined up.)
Code:
Taken from the Unknown list in the DB
TGID   Location       Traffic Type        Additional Info 
10506  Unknown        Fire                Probably dealing with Ascension Parish based on TG #
18517  W Feliciana??  LE or chit-chat     Probably a "back channel" for some entity not yet moved to LATIE
27693  Jefferson P    Jail ops            From the first few weeks of LATIE operation
38525  Wash Par?      LE                  Probably a Washington Parish entity based on TG #

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Hey lou,
I 've heard W.Feliciana and St. Francisville PD dispatch on tgid 18517 before
red8
Did you see my comment in the LATIE thread about this TG? It is a couple of posts above your last post in it.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
Today I heard 14010 key up for a brief second, but not voice. The 14000 - 14004 is Vinton Police and Fire. If the groups stay as they appear to in the system, it would be something in Calcasieu Parish. I heard it on the Lake Charles tower while in Sulphur. Are there any other LATIE scanner listeners in the Southwest area yet?

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
How did all of the State Police information get discovered if there are not even using them yet. There are not even towers in the north part of the state yet Troop E, F, and G information is listed. Is there someone that has an inside? Anyway if so maybe the can find out everything. I have a master TG list for a couple of systems so I know it can be obtained. I'm still trying to figure out the configuration. It seems like each parish with get a group of 500 talkgroups. I heard 6177 and 6181 key up and were talking about some roads that I was unfamiliar with. One guy said something about DeQuincy so I'm thinking the ID is close to the Dist 67 Sign Shop for DOTD. Unknown yet.

Landman

Maybe someone knows a trooper from down here and he scrolled through all the channels and keyed up on each one for a second at at time while someone with him took note of which ID came up on a scanner each time he keyed up. That would work. AFAIK all the state police radios have all the troops programmed in them no matter what troop you belong to. So even if the North LA sites are not even built yet you can still use those talkgroups down here.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok guys and gals when I was in Bogalusa (Washington) and Covington, La Combe (which is in St Tammany), La. I was recieving the following talkgroups.

Talkgroups

5166 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
6213 LATIE Covington/Pine/Slidell Law Enforcement
18513 LATIE Pine’Slidell Traffic to short catch
29900 LATIE Covington/Pine/Slidell Law Enforcement, Some streets sounded like some in and around the New Orleans area.
29901 LATIE Covington/Slidell Same
29110 LATIE Covington/Pine/Slidell Same
35018 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
38504 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
38507 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
38509 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
38513 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
38514 LATIE Pine Heard several of the Bogalusa Police Offficers doing some type of sureveilence work.
38517 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
35022 LATIE Covington/Pine/Slidell Law Enforcement
38534 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement
38543 LATIE Pine Law Enforcement

Some any help would appreciated a lot. Since I am In Missouri and I don't get to Louisiana much. This group of talkgroups is what I got in my June trip.

Last edited:

kevins669

Database Admin
How did all of the State Police information get discovered if there are not even using them yet. There are not even towers in the north part of the state yet Troop E, F, and G information is listed. Is there someone that has an inside?

Nobody on the inside; every State Police radio has all of the talkgroups. Radios in many of the troops have been distributed for a while; they have both the 700 and 800 systems in them. Just because a troop is not using the new system does not mean they do not have a radio capable of using it.

Maybe someone knows a trooper from down here and he scrolled through all the channels and keyed up on each one for a second at at time while someone with him took note of which ID came up on a scanner each time he keyed up. That would work. AFAIK all the state police radios have all the troops programmed in them no matter what troop you belong to. So even if the North LA sites are not even built yet you can still use those talkgroups down here.

Exactly as above, except with the use of decode programs, keying up is no longer necessary. Many agency members are hesitant about letting friends and family get talkgroups due to the misconception that the radio must be keyed up. A simple channel change is all that is necessary.

Ok guys and gals when I was in Bogalusa (Washington) and Covington, La Combe (which is in St Tammany), La. I was recieving the following talkgroups.

Many of the descriptions you provide are not at all what those talkgroups really are. Guys and gals, we have to remember that many talkgroups are allowed to roam on many different towers. Just because you hear something in Pineville or Bogalusa does not mean it has anything to do with that area. A couple of those belong to Region 1 MAP and State Police; not what you ID'd. Some further listening will be required before nailing unknown groups down.

Just as a sidenote, talkgroups on this system can be narrowed down per agency by the Radio ID prefix as well.

-- Kevin

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Kevin, I know that traffic could have and maybe it for outside the Bogalusa area. Except for the one talkgroup I noted as heard Bogalusa PD and maybe Washington Parish Deputies on .

I was not trying make it more difficult on IDing these talkgroups. I appolozie for any problems it created.

kevins669

Database Admin
Kevin, I know that traffic could have and maybe it for outside the Bogalusa area. Except for the one talkgroup I noted as heard Bogalusa PD and maybe Washington Parish Deputies on .

I was not trying make it more difficult on IDing these talkgroups. I appolozie for any problems it created.

No, no... no trouble at all... Maybe in this thread, if unknown, we should just note it a little more detailed... like a sentence about the traffic, and the tower ID (#) it was heard on... Some people may just focus more on Bogalusa PD or Wash SO instead of the bigger (roaming) picture.

Your info is good... No apologies.

-- Kevin

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Re Talkgroups I posted

I know on the 299xx series . The traffic I heard sounded law enforcement type and thiey mentioned some streets that were not in the Washington Parish area. They could
in and around the New Orleans area.

The talkgroup that I have pinned down for the Washington Parish area was 38514. It several of the Bogalusa PD Officers (whom I personnally know) doing some type of survelience type work.

But I wonder if the rest of the 385xx series of groups are for the Washington Parish area. But like you said just because you can hear them in the Bogalusa does not mean that they are.

Sorry I could not get more info. But we go to home for Christmas in the Bogalusa. I will doing searching for the info on the groups I posted.

Thanks

kevins669

Database Admin
I know on the 299xx series . The traffic I heard sounded law enforcement type and thiey mentioned some streets that were not in the Washington Parish area. They could
in and around the New Orleans area.

The talkgroup that I have pinned down for the Washington Parish area was 38514. It several of the Bogalusa PD Officers (whom I personnally know) doing some type of survelience type work.

But I wonder if the rest of the 385xx series of groups are for the Washington Parish area. But like you said just because you can hear them in the Bogalusa does not mean that they are.

Sorry I could not get more info. But we go to home for Christmas in the Bogalusa. I will doing searching for the info on the groups I posted.

Thanks

Right...Those IDs belong to Orleans Parish... Washington Parish will start with 38xxx, and the radio IDs will be 435xxx. Just need to know exactly what they belong to. I would recommend checking the DB first, and then posting what you find.

Great job finding the new IDs.

-- Kevin

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Kevin I do scan the database for any "hits" on the talkgroups I am looking for. Before I ask for assistance on the forum.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
Exactly as above, except with the use of decode programs, keying up is no longer necessary. Many agency members are hesitant about letting friends and family get talkgroups due to the misconception that the radio must be keyed up. A simple channel change is all that is necessary.

Just as a sidenote, talkgroups on this system can be narrowed down per agency by the Radio ID prefix as well.

What type of decode program are you talking about where you can just change the channel on a radio and the ID will appear? Does this program give you the Talkgroup and Radio ID? What is the name of the program and How do I get it?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
What type of decode program are you talking about where you can just change the channel on a radio and the ID will appear? Does this program give you the Talkgroup and Radio ID? What is the name of the program and How do I get it?
Any of them, including DOS based Trunker.

Landman

Tonight on 23529 I heard a dispatcher who ID'ed as "Vermilion Parish 911" doing radio checks with a number of small town fire depts in Vermilion Parish. This is the first time I have heard anything on this talkgroup so I don't know if is just for fire or for other uses as well.

Landman

I have been hearing DOTD on talkgroup 8161 in various areas of SW LA. Unknown exactly what DOTD channel this would be. Maybe District 3 main or District 7 main.

action

St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office

21021 - SMSO Dispatch 1 (Franklin Area)
21022 - SMSO Dispatch 2 (Morgan City Area)

Landman

Whoever entered the Washington Parish talkgroups in the DB made a boo boo. You put the same talkgroup ID for Coordinate 2 and Coordinate 3.