Manually entered UHF freqs read low on TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that when I enter a UHF freq on my TRX-1, I often get a frequency displayed that is 0.625 kHz below what I entered. This afternoon I put in 461.925, but the display reads 461.924375. This is not far off freq, so I'm not over worried, but am wondering if anyone else has encountered this and found a solution--other than possibly adding 5/8 of a kHz to each UHF freq you enter. <g>

73/Allen (N4JRI)

jwpottberg

Premium Subscriber
Just tested entering 461.925 as a conventional frequency into scan list 3 on my TRX-1 and had no problem. I used the defaults which enter it as analog. Did you have any specific settings beyond this? How often does it happen?

DJ11DLN

Check and see if you have "flex step" enabled. If not, enable it and try again, it should accept the frequency.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Check and see if you have "flex step" enabled. If not, enable it and try again, it should accept the frequency.

I'm on the US band plan and flex-step is enabled. Am not sure what other settings would upset the applecart. I don't have this problem with frequencies entered via the software. Only frequencies entered manually, and in the UHF range. So far, VHF has been fine.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.