Maricopa County new P25 system

KB7MIB

Yea, probation typically patched tallgroups in pairs on the old system, and still seems to be doing so on the new system.

John
Peoria

Disk4mat

I never noticed on the old system as I was unable to get probation or detention. Its rather ironic what I receive now (and not) vs back then.

Disk4mat

Is 1634 Inmate medical transport? Caught a few transmissions where a deputy was talking about moving an inmate from Estrella and rattled off medical conditions and in one case an injury. Also another transmission where there was a sick female waiting for transport and other inmates were reporting her as faking it.

Unfortunately this id doesnt come up too often for me.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here know what the plans are for sites 4 and 5 on the Anthem/New River simulcast? Pretty tough to hear anything over here by NR Road and Sabrosa. I have to believe they're going to put a site in over here. Just looking for any possible details or CP info.

Last edited:

Radiodon3790

New guy here, live in north Peoria north of Happy Valley near the 303, dusted off the HP2, picking up a few talk groups off of a white tanks. Looks like all of the MCSO transmissions aren’t going to come off of white tanks like they use to. So if the site doesn’t affiliate with a talk group then it won’t transmit that talk group. Just started monitoring the sites one by one. Will let you know which talk groups I can receive from each site (system).

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
U will want to use Shaw Butte or Phoenix Sim, which carry most all traffic. Mobile, Shaw Butte works in your area. White Tanks is now a backup site to the Simulcast sites covering west valley.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
New guy here, live in north Peoria north of Happy Valley near the 303, dusted off the HP2, picking up a few talk groups off of a white tanks. Looks like all of the MCSO transmissions aren’t going to come off of white tanks like they use to. So if the site doesn’t affiliate with a talk group then it won’t transmit that talk group. Just started monitoring the sites one by one. Will let you know which talk groups I can receive from each site (system).

Welcome! From there, you might try using the Anthem/New River simulcast. I listen to that every day with my SDS100 and find activity on most of the MCSO channels that are in the clear, which is most of them. Should be able to hear that okay from where you are.

KB7MIB

Has anyone found any Maricopa County Emergency Management, or additional active Flood Control District talkgroups other than the one in the RRDB, especially with the recent rains this morning and last week?

John
Peoria

Paysonscanner

Seeing a county do a mock emergency drill reminds me of my nursing days, which only ended in late 2016. These are more valuable than tons of people realize. A lot is learned and a lot is refined after each one of them. In hospitals we all needed to regain our "muscle memories" on a regular basis. The state required some of them, but at a small hospital/small town we organized our own mock mass casualty drills. We all were pretty anxious of tour bus crashes, aircraft incidents, hazmats, etc. so facing it was the best thing to do. Radio frequencies that were nearly never used would be hopping with activity. Some were assigned different uses than their day to day use. It is a good way for scanner listeners to hear ICS in action.

Astrak

When I worked for MCDOT they did this every year and traffic was on ADMIN, regular radio traffic was moved to a different channel I don't remember which one. In survey we never really used the radio so I left it on ADMIN or L1 PFD DISPATCH.

Foresigt

Actually very, very few drills or exercises have much radio traffic except maybe a "can you hear me" exchange.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Quick question for this system, Do I need a Phase 2 scanner at this time to monitor it or will a Phase 1 do ok with it?

clover509

On Friday around 2:30 PM local, I heard 'FOX 10' calling on the District 4 talkgroup updating dispatch about a 30 minute ETA. Dispatcher had to ask a few times for a repeat. Caught a unit ID of 1010941.

Looking on ADSB sites, the aircraft using 'FOX 10' callsign was N756HQ, a Cessna 206 registered to MCSO. (Check out flightaware.com for the complete flight.)

Kind of an interesting catch! Guessing they may have been enroute back from a extradition flight? This is the first time I've heard 'FOX 10' on the new system.

4-crime

It's P25 Phase II, I don't believe you need to program in any special band plan. Any Phase II capable scanner will handle it automatically.

John
Peoria

I am not currently in Arizona to monitor it. I am just curious if they use a normal band plan or some oddball plan. I know some systems tend to be different.

KB7MIB

Ok thanks for the info. Up here in Clark County the SNACC claims to be Phase 2 but I can still monitor phase 1 scanner.

According to the RRDB, SNACC is only Phase I. There's no mention of Phase II in the RRDB.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department system is listed as Phase II.

Here in the Valley, the RWC and TOPAZ RWC have Phase II test talkgroups, and Sky Harbor Airport on the RWC has a few active talkgroups. Eventually both of the systems will switch over fully to Phase II, but currently it's mostly Phase I.

John
Peoria