Marietta Police Department in Fulton County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
I have been listening to FCP25 lately and have noticed that some department has been doing dispatch calls to the Marietta area is transmitting as 65066 and on the Auto ISSI Patch talk groups. I have heard them make calls to Powder Springs and multiple addresses in the area. Anyone heard the same and can shed some light on whats going on?

DanRollman

Database Admin
I have been listening to FCP25 lately and have noticed that some department has been doing dispatch calls to the Marietta area is transmitting as 65066 and on the Auto ISSI Patch talk groups. I have heard them make calls to Powder Springs and multiple addresses in the area. Anyone heard the same and can shed some light on whats going on?

That's what the auto ISSI talkgroups are for. See the descriptive paragraph at the top of the list of ISSI talkgroups. The purpose of those talkgroups is to allow auto patches for users of the Cobb system to use the Fulton system in places where the Cobb system doesn't work well but the Fulton system does.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
That's what the auto ISSI talkgroups are for. See the descriptive paragraph at the top of the list of ISSI talkgroups. The purpose of those talkgroups is to allow auto patches for users of the Cobb system to use the Fulton system in places where the Cobb system doesn't work well but the Fulton system does.
Ah got it I misunderstood what that was for makes sense now, and I assume that the 65660 is apart of the ISSI patch but just not in the id list?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
What you're hearing is PCT 2 via ISSI, which is being done on a trial basis. When PCT 2 subscribers "see" a stronger signal from the Fulton system, they register and are fed traffic. The talkgroup IDs for ISSI are dynamic and may change depending on the registration data stored in the HLR/VLR in the core.
More Cobb talkgroups may be added in the future.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
What you're hearing is PCT 2 via ISSI, which is being done on a trial basis. When PCT 2 subscribers "see" a stronger signal from the Fulton system, they register and are fed traffic. The talkgroup IDs for ISSI are dynamic and may change depending on the registration data stored in the HLR/VLR in the core.
More Cobb talkgroups may be added in the future.
Very interesting and what a great idea. It was strange because every once in a while I will here like 2 messages on Auto ISSI chat, but this transmission from this Marietta department was on for a couple hours and happened multiple times which I found odd.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
65XXX series are widely used by Harris for patched TG's.

Too bad the G5 won't record them. Lots of calls go out that way

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Very interesting and what a great idea. It was strange because every once in a while I will here like 2 messages on Auto ISSI chat, but this transmission from this Marietta department was on for a couple hours and happened multiple times which I found odd.
That's the way it works. ISSI roaming is just that. When a subscriber roams away from their home system, their radio registers with the foreign system, and the foreign system (if configured), passes the traffic on a temporary talkgroup for the roamer(s) affiliated on the foreign system.

How the subscriber is programmed determines how roaming performance plays out. All of our radios are set to "Home Preferred" which makes the subscriber always prefer the home network, if it's not available, then it roams. This is what you're hearing and it works well. The goal is to roam only when needed, as roaming impacts capacity on the foreign system by utilizing resources for calls, even if the roamer is just "listening".

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if anyone was just listening but they are testing all the Atlanta backups 0911-0919, and North Fulton backups 0981-0986. Very interesting.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
We have generators at all sites, with redundant UPS. IP microwave with ring protection via fiber. We are standing by to support our stakeholders with cache radios, ICRI's for tactical patching, and spare batteries and charging stations should the need arise. The backup talkgroups were created to assist our partner entities should they need it.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
We have generators at all sites, with redundant UPS. IP microwave with ring protection via fiber. We are standing by to support our stakeholders with cache radios, ICRI's for tactical patching, and spare batteries and charging stations should the need arise. The backup talkgroups were created to assist our partner entities should they need it.
Glad to hear that the emergency systems are beyond prepared for this, thank you for your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.