Master reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
I have searched the forums and come up with "nothing found".
What I am looking for is a "master reset"(one in which even the preprogramed frequencies) are erased from the
scanner.
I want to start with "

a417

Did you read pages 59 & 60 of the BCD996T's manual?

Device off
[2] + [9] + [HOLD] + Power On
Restore Preprogram List? Say NO.

Device should be empty.

That's a well known uniden key combo.

Reactions: wtp

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That's a nuclear option, erasing everything the scanner has remembered, including user settings such as key beep, backlight and so on. I always suggest being sure this is the last option to solve a problem.

a417

That's a nuclear option, erasing everything the scanner has remembered, including user settings such as key beep, backlight and so on. I always suggest being sure this is the last option to solve a problem.

..which is what he asked for.

What I am looking for is a "master reset"(one in which even the preprogramed frequencies) are erased from the
scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to be sure - I found out the hard way and used bad words. All I wanted was to erase the systems.:)

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
Have been trying to program this radio for the Nebraska State Radio system, and for some reason it also wants to add in the preprogramed stuff!
Figured that this was the last resort!

Am using ARC996 software to do this..

Ron

APX7500X2

I have 4 996P2 and 4 996XT and I do this about once a year to all of them then put my programming back in
I find it makes the scanners work better
I use proscan.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have been trying to program this radio for the Nebraska State Radio system, and for some reason it also wants to add in the preprogramed stuff!
Figured that this was the last resort!

When you do a "Send Data" (write to scanner), you can check the "Clear All Systems First" box, which would erase all the systems in your scanner before writing the "new stuff". There is also a way to pick and choose systems to delete if you don't want to erase them all.

The reason for my earlier caution, is that I had a number of Points of Interest programmed into my scanner, when such things were of good use back then. I did a re-set and lost them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.