Status
Not open for further replies.

bob-k

Raleigh - Wake County, NC USA Raleigh Fire and PD

I have a RS Pro-96 some time in the past two weeks I lost Raleigh Fire Grounds and all Raleigh PD I bought from RS a USB/data cable and loaded ARC 96 SW. I bought a RR 180 day account and proceeded to load the Arc 96 SW. when I loaded it on to my scanner it loaded well but only the frequencies other the 800Mhz worked. then I re-banded all banks re-saved that as a new re-band profile and loaded my scanner once again and partial success I notice I receive Cary NC transmitions, but NO other Wake County and Raleigh Transmissions in the 800Mhz. As a side note even though my Arc 96 SW shows Alpha Tags my scanner does not so I wonder if the TG Info did not transfer?

Bob

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Bob,
I believe you are confused on how to program the scanner.
VIPER is not (yet) gone through rebanding so there is no need to
"reband" any Wake County VIPER freqs.
I recommend using Win96 instead of ARC96.
All you should need to do is enter the 4 Wake County Simulcast Control Channels ONLY:
--868.150Mhz
--868.5625Mhz
--868.5375Mhz
--868.7875Mhz
Set the 4 channels above to MOT (Motorola) and the system to OPEN Mode
and you will hear radio traffic.
To help you out I will give you a Wake County Win96 file to load into your scanner.
You will have to download Win96 to use it but once you do that then right click and save the file below:
http://qsl.net/k/ke4znr//Win96/MePro96December2011.p96
Then upload it into your scanner.
The layout is:
Bank 0 (zero)= Garner PD & NCSHP
Bank 1= Ral/Wake FD & EMS ALERT
Bank 2=Ral/Wake FD & EMS PS TAC & OPS TGs
Bank 3= Wake County Emergency TGs
Bank 4= KRDU Airport VIPER
Bank 5= Cary 800Mhz
Bank 6= VIPER Towns (LE East & etc)
Bank 7= Wake County Sheriff
Bank 8= New VIPER P25
Bank 9= Raleigh PD
Marshall KE4ZNR

bob-k

Hi Sherard, I want to thank you for your advice! When I lost Raleigh fire ground and most (Not all) Raleigh PD I thought the Reband had started! I have downloaded Win96 but my PC thinks i had loaded it before so I will need purchase the program! I see you are from Raleigh as well. Would you object in my talking to you directly if I have further needs?
Bob Kon
919-630-5957

bob-k

Thanks and Hi

Hi and Thanks Sharard,
I want to thank you for the advice. I felt Wake County went rebanded because I lost both Raleigh FD fire ground and Raleigh PD. I did download Win96 and i can not use it as it was in my PC from a year ago and i lost the ID/PW. I will purchase the registration it next weekend. I see you also live in Raleigh near Cameron Village. Would you object my discussing this with you directly if I have issues? When will Wake County make the switch?

Bob K
919 630-5957

Status
Not open for further replies.