McHenry need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk62

Hi to anyone who reads this. I live in Mchenry Co. Years ago I bought a Proscan 2006 well it is no longer usefull as ILL went to Starcom so I just picked up a BCD996XT. I am useing ARC-XT Pro along with RR to program this thing. I hear alot but stuff. But what should be clear cuts out. Maybe I did something wrong. I live in Mchenry and if anyone out there can give me some pointers on this new Starcom and how to program this thig the right way I would be forever greatfull.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Go to the CARMA website at http://ww.carmachicago.com/profiles and download the ARC-XT files for StarCom21. Turn off all the sites except 108, 120, 126, 146, 147 and 148 (if you use it in the house...) and make sure the radio is in Talkgroup Search mode.

As talkgroups come up for things that you are not interested in you can lock them out. Remember that the Uniden has Temporary and Permanent Lockouts, if you want to lock out the TG's for good press the LO button twice, if you want it to restore the next time you turn on the radio just press it once.

In the McHenry County area, besides the county and some of the local agencies, you should be able to hear State Police and other state agencies (DNR, SOS etc.), Boone & Winnebago (and soon DeKalb) County units, Tollway maintenance and police, and other traffic, so a good lockout regimen will help.

You could also edit the scan lists within ARC-XT and add/subtract talkgroups as you wish. The CARMA Profile and the RR Database have excellent and complete listings of talkgroup assignments. so you can cherry pick the targets you want.

Enjoy!

blackhawk62

Thanks N9JIG
I will try your suggestions after work today or on Saturday depending when I get off and if I dont have to work Saturday.

Toonman4 I am not clear on PMing I could shot you a e-mail though

Status
Not open for further replies.