Media Channels Please help!!

Again, do not rely on others to tell you, listen and make a list, figure out what is important to you and what isn't. What we think is or isn't important may be just the opposite for you.
Yea thanks 🙏🏽
I know what I need just dont know which ones to choose . I need Police , emt , and fire department . Everything else can go . But, there is so much Police on there that i dont know which ones to pick and where to put it . I’m sorry I’m just a little slow 😝

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yea thanks 🙏🏽
I know what I need just dont know which ones to choose . I need Police , emt , and fire department . Everything else can go . But, there is so much Police on there that i dont know which ones to pick and where to put it . I’m sorry I’m just a little slow 😝
You determine what needs to go by listening, not by what others tell you. There is no one size fits all in this hobby, every listener is different, you need to make that decision over time not in one post on Radio Reference. Happy Listening, I'm out of this conversation.

You determine what needs to go by listening, not by what others tell you. There is no one size fits all in this hobby, every listener is different, you need to make that decision over time not in one post on Radio Reference. Happy Listening, I'm out of this conversation.
I told you I need Police , emt , and fire .

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Reiterating what I touched upon in post #11 your best course of action would be to link up with a local hobbyist who can work one on one with you who's familiar with San Diego agencies, who operates where, etc. I already gave you to the link to where police, fire & EMS operate in post #2. Hope you can find someone well versed who can lend you a helping hand

Reiterating what I touched upon in post #11 your best course of action would be to link up with a local hobbyist who can work one on one with you who's familiar with San Diego agencies, who operates where, etc. I already gave you to the link to where police, fire & EMS operate in post #2. Hope you can find someone well versed who can lend you a helping hand
Thank you so much . People asking me personal questions why this why that like come on man I just need a helping hand I’m frustrated already . My name is Dadda Russia because THATS the nick name my SON gave me . I’m not no Russian spy . 🕵️‍♂️

Ok im there on that 700mhz page
Do I need 800 or 700 . See THATS whereni get confused .

I'm not a journalist nor from San Diego but I'd say Police, Fire & EMS would be a good place to start. Only mode "D" talkgroups on system linked below can be monitored. However you may encounter simulcast distortion on your 325p2. You'd be much better off with a Uniden SDS100 to bring in simulcast systems
I want it to play just like the app I used to listen to . That’s the hardest part for me . 🙄

JethrowJohnson

Like @RaleighGuy said, the best way to know what you want to hear is to listen for awhile until you know which channels they use for what you want to hear about. But, I think the channels you want are the ones labeled Law Dispatch, Law Tac, and Law Talk, Fire Dispatch, Fire-Tac, and Fire-Talk, and EMS Dispatch, EMS-Tac, and EMS-Talk. Do you also want to hear the channels used for incidents when multiple agencies have to talk to each other, such as a pursuit or major fire? If so, those are labeled Interop and Emergency Ops.

Like @RaleighGuy said, the best way to know what you want to hear is to listen for awhile until you know which channels they use for what you want to hear about. But, I think the channels you want are the ones labeled Law Dispatch, Law Tac, and Law Talk, Fire Dispatch, Fire-Tac, and Fire-Talk, and EMS Dispatch, EMS-Tac, and EMS-Talk. Do you also want to hear the channels used for incidents when multiple agencies have to talk to each other, such as a pursuit or major fire? If so, those are labeled Interop and Emergency Ops.
Yes I do want that . When they chasing someone and when there’s a fire that’s really important for me .

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
I would end this post and start a new one..,
NEED HELP WITH 325P2 IN SAN DIEGO!
Maybe a local in SD will spot your request! We can tell you what we THINK you need but the keystrokes are up to you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I need the stuff that’s happening now

Can you zip up the database file and post it here as @Whiskey3JMC suggested.

To do that, go to the Database menu then click on Save. Now go to the Database menu again and click on Save As. Right click the filename then choose Send To then choose Compressed.... Drag & Drop the file here.

That way, we can use it as a starting point.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I would end this post and start a new one..,
NEED HELP WITH 325P2 IN SAN DIEGO!
Maybe a local in SD will spot your request! We can tell you what we THINK you need but the keystrokes are up to you.
It’s already in the San Diego forum. Starting a new thread in the same forum would result in the same replies.

I fogur
Can you zip up the database file and post it here as @Whiskey3JMC suggested.

To do that, go to the Database menu then click on Save. Now go to the Database menu again and click on Save As. Right click the filename then choose Send To then choose Compressed.... Drag & Drop the file here.

That way, we can use it as a starting point.
Figured how to use proscan but now Police is not working on my scanner