Media Channels Please help!!

Hey my name is Fred , I’m new to this hobby . I habe a Channel on YouTube called DADDA RUSSIA SAN DIEGO NEWS . I just got. the uniden bcd325p2 Programmed from bearcat warehouse . But I got so much on here that I don’t need . I just figured how to use it but not completely and I’m so overwhelmed . But I’m not giving up . So I downloaded proscan because I need to delete or put them to the side . So I wanna ask Dome of you guys what do I need to keep for a Media Journalist ? Please help Someone !
With respect
-FRED

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I'm not a journalist nor from San Diego but I'd say Police, Fire & EMS would be a good place to start. Only mode "D" talkgroups on system linked below can be monitored. However you may encounter simulcast distortion on your 325p2. You'd be much better off with a Uniden SDS100 to bring in simulcast systems

I'm not a journalist nor from San Diego but I'd say Police, Fire & EMS would be a good place to start. Only mode "D" talkgroups on system linked below can be monitored
Yes that’s Stored in my database . I’m live now on my YouTube if you can come on there I would appreciate it . I really am confused 🫤
YouTube : DADDA RUSSIA SAN DIEGO NEWS

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So I wanna ask Dome of you guys what do I need to keep for a Media Journalist ? Please help Someone !
With respect
-FRED
If, as a "media journalist" you aren't sure what you need to do the job, I doubt us non-media types will be able to help much. Especially since you give us no clue what your media organization will be focusing on. Also, as @Whiskey3JMC points out, your scanner limits you due to the simulcast distortion issues you are likely to face.

I'm not a journalist nor from San Diego but I'd say Police, Fire & EMS would be a good place to start. Only mode "D" talkgroups on system linked below can be monitored. However you may encounter simulcast distortion on your 325p2. You'd be much better off with a Uniden SDS100 to bring in simulcast systems
I’ll buy that one soon as I have to keep this one now . I need to learn Not give up.

If, as a "media journalist" you aren't sure what you need to do the job, I doubt us non-media types will be able to help much. Especially since you give us no clue what your media organization will be focusing on. Also, as @Whiskey3JMC points out, your scanner limits you due to the simulcast distortion issues you are likely to face.
I am sure i need Police , emt , and fire . Anything else you can recommend would be cool

I am sure I just don’t know how to work this scanner or proscan correctly .

It’s just bearcat warehouse put so much on here that it’s making me soooo overwhelmed. I don’t know which ones to keep or throw away .

And I’m focusing on crime and street news . Fires as well . Anything that has to do with streets like drug overdoses shootings . Etc.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Learning curve is steep for someone just getting their feet wet into the hobby, there's a lot of info to take in but plenty of resources right at your finger tips right here on the forums. Just take it one step at a time, don't try to take in too much info or you'll get overwhelmed. Looking at everything there is to listen to in your region, meticulous system documentation I must add & more so than a lot of other regions, even my head would be spinning and I've been a part of this hobby for decades. Once you get a better sense of who you want to listen to and where they operate, all the pieces of the puzzle will come together. You may benefit greatly from one on one help from someone local to you, what we hams call an elmer. Best wishes & keep listening!

Learning curve is steep for someone just getting their feet wet into the hobby, there's a lot of info to take in but plenty of resources right at your finger tips right here on the forums. Just take it one step at a time, don't try to take in too much info or you'll get overwhelmed. Looking at everything there is to listen to in your region, meticulous system documentation I must add & more so than a lot of other regions, even my head would be spinning and I've been a part of this hobby for decades. Once you get a better sense of who you want to listen to and where they operate, all the pieces of the puzzle will come together. You may benefit greatly from one on one help from someone local to you, what we hams call an elmer. Best wishes & keep listening!
Well I need to listen to what’s playing on the apps . Like Police central east north and mid city is my main one . I definitely need fire but there is a few different ones. Not sure which i need . They really put so much on here . And of course not many wanna help me cause I’m a slow learner . I know I’m real close to getting it done . I just need someone to sit there with me and go through it . I’m missing a lot of work because of it .

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
And I’m focusing on crime and street news . Fires as well . Anything that has to do with streets like drug overdoses shootings . Etc.
Well I don't know why a Russia News agency is interested in San Diego street crime, but obviously you need to do a lot of journalistic leg work and find out what agencies you want to listen to, what agencies respond to the calls, and what areas or districts you are covering. There is a lot of information we don't know about your organization. Search the forums, search the database, check local scanner clubs and websites like Scan San Diego.

Sounds like you want to start with just dispatch talkgroups initially.
Yes like central , mid city , fire dispatch (there’s a few on there ) really confusing . I need emt (the ones where they talk about their pulse ) is really annoying . I hear a lot what i dont need Z it’s already programmed from the warehouse . Please help!!!! I’m live now on my YouTube if you choose to help me . With love and respect -Fred

Well I don't know why a Russia News agency is interested in San Diego street crime, but obviously you need to do a lot of journalistic leg work and find out what agencies you want to listen to, what agencies respond to the calls, and what areas or districts you are covering. There is a lot of information we don't know about your organization. Search the forums, search the database, check local scanner clubs and websites like Scan San Diego.
I’m not a Russian news agency . That’s my nick name .

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
In closing: being you're a Proscan user I'd strongly, strongly recommend a premium subscription to Radioreference so you can use Proscan's RR database import feature (described on pages 22 & 23 of the Proscan user manual) to import data directly from the RR database to Proscan and into your scanner. This makes programming much, much less of a hassle, especially with large trunked radio systems like San Diego's

In closing: being you're a Proscan user I'd strongly, strongly recommend a premium subscription to Radioreference so you can use Proscan's RR database import feature (described on pages 22 & 23 of the Proscan user manual) to import data directly from the RR database to Proscan and into your scanner. This makes programming much, much less of a hassle, especially with large trunked radio systems like San Diego's
Ok I think I need to buy it now . Can we figure it out before i do please ??? 🙏🏽

In closing: being you're a Proscan user I'd strongly, strongly recommend a premium subscription to Radioreference so you can use Proscan's RR database import feature (described on pages 22 & 23 of the Proscan user manual) to import data directly from the RR database to Proscan and into your scanner. This makes programming much, much less of a hassle, especially with large trunked radio systems like San
i just tried to buy it but it declined . I can’t buy it till I get paid . 😔

I already got it programmed . Just need to know which ones to delete.