MicroP25RX

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Postal service strikes again, was supposed to receive it today, still says it is in Spokane

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
oops, update, it is now moving, but don't know were

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Mine showed up today…two days after is was “delivered”… with a note on it “wrong house”.
I've been impatiently waiting for yours to arrive!!! I'm quite anxious to read your review of how it compares with your SDS and even APX, since the Micro has been hyped up quite a bit here with claims of "like-subscriber performance". You're one of the very few I trust to objectively evaluate it, given your credentials and experience, and the RF environment around you. ;)

btt

Banned
Banned
I've been impatiently waiting for yours to arrive!!! I'm quite anxious to read your review of how it compares with your SDS and even APX, since the Micro has been hyped up quite a bit here with claims of "like-subscriber performance". You're one of the very few I trust to objectively evaluate it, given your credentials and experience, and the RF environment around you. ;)

Just clarifying what was actually said for context. I assume you are referring to this video description from the original device before the decision was made to remove the pre-select filters. ( because of shared 700/800 in the same system). Note that the narrow-band IF filter (band-pass, 90+dB stop) is still there. For many of the ACRR specified offsets, it does meet / exceed the P25 standards.

A brief video demonstrating a working prototype of the MicroP25RX receiving, demodulation, decoding, and synthesizing voice in a very small package. The front-end has 60+ dB out-of-band rejection and the final IF filter has 90+ dB of rejection for subscriber-like RF performance.

dustinsterk

Hmmm....what am I doing wrong? Trying to update the Wio Terminal with Wio Terminal MicroP25RX FW CURRENT-2022-11-20-01.UF2. I see the "Arduino" drive when I "double click" the side toggle twice, but then when i try to copy and paste the .UF2 file, I get "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100093)." On OSX Ventura 13.0.1.

EDIT:
Tried on a non M1 processor machine and it worked just fine....maybe something with M1 or the latest OSX OS?

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
Hmmm....what am I doing wrong? Trying to update the Wio Terminal with Wio Terminal MicroP25RX FW CURRENT-2022-11-20-01.UF2. I see the "Arduino" drive when I "double click" the side toggle twice, but then when i try to copy and paste the .UF2 file, I get "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100093)." On OSX Ventura 13.0.1.
This article says you may need to use the 'cp' command to copy the file via the command-line to get around the error.

dustinsterk

I have updated the Wio terminal firmware and MicroP25RX to the latest. I have also added the zip code databases and downloaded my local talkback groups/sites from RR and placed them on a uSD card. When I perform the zip search or import the groups/sites I get confirmation of it reading the files or finding my local zip code, but it seems nothing actually persists. When I toggle back to monitor mode, I see no groups, and it just sits on a single frequency (have also tried toggling different roaming configs). I have read the user manual multiple times, but feel I am missing something to actually be able to scan. Can someone please help me realize my mistakes? Thanks!

btt

Banned
Banned
I have updated the Wio terminal firmware and MicroP25RX to the latest. I have also added the zip code databases and downloaded my local talkback groups/sites from RR and placed them on a uSD card. When I perform the zip search or import the groups/sites I get confirmation of it reading the files or finding my local zip code, but it seems nothing actually persists. When I toggle back to monitor mode, I see no groups, and it just sits on a single frequency (have also tried toggling different roaming configs). I have read the user manual multiple times, but feel I am missing something to actually be able to scan. Can someone please help me realize my mistakes? Thanks!
Please go to CONFIG->SD_CARD->BACKUP, then email me the microp25rx_backup.ini file that is generated on the uSD card. I'll see if I can spot the issue. What type of scanning are you wanting to do? Multiple systems? The most flexible mode is roaming mode=5. In this mode, you select every site you want to be in the scan list. After that, select the monitor mode and it will change frequencies every roaming timeout period if there is no traffic.

dustinsterk

Please go to CONFIG->SD_CARD->BACKUP, then email me the microp25rx_backup.ini file that is generated on the uSD card. I'll see if I can spot the issue. What type of scanning are you wanting to do? Multiple systems? The most flexible mode is roaming mode=5. In this mode, you select every site you want to be in the scan list. After that, select the monitor mode and it will change frequencies every roaming timeout period if there is no traffic.

Email sent. Thank you!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

I’ll be honest, I’m having less than stellar results. I did try the beta FW posted in this thread and it made a big improvement. I’m currently working with Todd privately to get this working better.

My signal levels are in the low -90’s, so that’s not the issue. Anyway, Todd is working with me so we’ll see how much better it can get.

btt

Banned
Banned
The attached firmware adds a new button mode "SIGNALS / GAIN MODE".

Select the site you want to change gains for, then press the mode button (joystick press-in). Select SIGNALS

Joystick up / down selects the gain you want to change.
Joystick left / right, increase / decrease the gain

The gain ranges for LNA, MIXER, VGA is 1 - 15. If you go above 15, then it switches to AUTO mode for that gain.

After configuring the gains to achieve the best EVM / performance, then press the TOP-MIDDLE button to save the configuration for that SITE. The gains are unique to WACN-SYSID-SITEID-RFSSID

gain_controls_112201.png

Attachments

• microp25rx-fw-1122.zip
    562.6 KB · Views: 4
I just added the state prison p2 system for a quick test it's very lower power, but only 2 miles from me got nothing. I'm sure what Todd is cooking up will fix things out.

btt

Banned
Banned
fw-1122-02 adds the site gains to the BACKUP/RESTORE functions.

Attachments

• microp25rx-fw-1122-02.zip
    562.9 KB · Views: 6