MicroP25RX

btt

Banned
Banned
Is the EVM being all over the place normal?
There is definitely some noise in the demod due to the control channel being next to the LTE causing some swings in the EVM. It isn't an issue since he is receiving >95% of the TSBK. You can see there is ~2% EVM, 0.00 error rate during the voice decodes. Several encrypted transmissions. Looking pretty good to me. We still don't know what he did to the gains. I'm surprised he didn't show the new gain control interface in the video. It includes an FFT and IQ XY plot. You don't get that with an SDS!

btt

Banned
Banned
No luck importing them, but did not lock up this time also on the last FW update can't change the gain settings.
I was able to import the file you sent. Can you make an SD backup file and send that as well? As for the gain settings, I made a change earlier to the gain settings. It works for me. I'll try putting it back the way it was.

btt

Banned
Banned
2022-11-22-05 is available. This may fix the issue with saving gain settings? It works here. The ability to format an SD card has been added.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Can some of you other people with these post videos of yours? I’m struggling to get mine to consistently sound good.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I would like to help, but the USPS is hindering that. At least it shows it is late now, but no idea were it is!

Reactions: btt

mkinkade

Premium Subscriber
I have updated the Wio terminal firmware and MicroP25RX to the latest. I have also added the zip code databases and downloaded my local talkback groups/sites from RR and placed them on a uSD card. When I perform the zip search or import the groups/sites I get confirmation of it reading the files or finding my local zip code, but it seems nothing actually persists. When I toggle back to monitor mode, I see no groups, and it just sits on a single frequency (have also tried toggling different roaming configs). I have read the user manual multiple times, but feel I am missing something to actually be able to scan. Can someone please help me realize my mistakes? Thanks!

Not sure if this issue was resolved. But, I experienced a similar issue which was user error. The freq.csv file was out of date for my area. I attempted to update, but I mistakenly had spaces in some of the fields which I believe created a similar scenario of the display just staying on one frequency and not locating a control channel. Corrected the freq.csv file and seems all good now.

btt

Banned
Banned
Not sure if this issue was resolved. But, I experienced a similar issue which was user error. The freq.csv file was out of date for my area. I attempted to update, but I mistakenly had spaces in some of the fields which I believe created a similar scenario of the display just staying on one frequency and not locating a control channel. Corrected the freq.csv file and seems all good now.
Yes, it was resolved. Part of the issue was the zip code. If your zipcode has a leading zero, don't enter the zero. I will work on getting that fixed in a future fw update.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
We have Band 14 usage in our area, but we rarely use 769.xxxx channels for anything other than data or BSI. We do use 770.xxxxx and up for voice, and 773 - 774.xxxxx for control channels. What sort of separation is realistic to minimize the adjacent channel interference coming from <768 MHz?

btt

Banned
Banned
This little speaker works good with the MicroP25RX. You have to face the speaker facing back to attach the USB cable. I sounds pretty good for the size. I had to adjust the volume to the "LOW" setting.

goldmyne99

I am running test FW 2022112205.
On the 770 phase 2 system pictured in my post 532, I have found these gain settings to work well for very good audio tonight. ERATE 0-2.

LNA 8
MIX Auto
VGA 11

Everyone has different RF conditions. This is where I am set for now.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I am running test FW 2022112205.
On the 770 phase 2 system pictured in my post 532, I have found these gain settings to work well for very good audio tonight. ERATE 0-2.

LNA 8
MIX Auto
VGA 11

Everyone has different RF conditions. This is where I am set for now.
On my RXP25-II I am on a 800mhz phase I system
LNA 10
MIX AUTO
VGA AUTO

Great audio for Springfield, MO! Wish I could give a result for the Micro P25RX as I am still waiting on usps. I think it’s stuck in KC, suppose to have had it today (Tuesday). Here in Missouri they are not stellar in performance. In my hoa neighborhood we have cluster boxes, with each cluster set of boxes there are two large ones for packages that are too large for the individual boxes for mail. The carrier will either put the package in the box and put the key in the wrong residential box or leave the package in the box but forget to leave the key in order to retrieve the package….I will always select UPS or Fed Ex if given a choice, I have never waited longer then three days with either of them.…sorry, for my rant 😜😜

pcman67

Radio and electronics enthusiast since the ‘70’s
Premium Subscriber
This little speaker works good with the MicroP25RX. You have to face the speaker facing back to attach the USB cable. It sounds pretty good for the size. It sounds best with the volume set to the "LOW" setting.

Thanks for this, Todd! I just ordered mine.
I’m also working on customizing the MicroP25RX case, such as drilling a hole so I can gain access to the teensy programming button while it’s inside the closure so I don’t need to keep taking the WIO off each time a FW update comes out, and working on strapping a thin external power source to the case to make it truly a self contained portable solution. I just need to figure out a good small SMA antenna without the long wiring to use next.

FreqNout

I’m also working on customizing the MicroP25RX case, such as drilling a hole so I can gain access to the teensy programming button while it’s inside the closure so I don’t need to keep taking the WIO off each time a FW update comes out, and working on strapping a thin external power source to the case to make it truly a self contained portable solution. I just need to figure out a good small SMA antenna without the long wiring to use next.
@pcman67 Thanks for sharing your custom MicroP25RX ideas. Always great fun to hear how everyone is using their rigs!