MicroP25RX

btt

Banned
Banned
Great to hear things are going well with the boards.

If your adapter board plugs into the Wio Terminal - how is the battery chassis also plugging into the same 40 pin connector?

I guess I am missing something on the need for the Seeed battery chassis.

45 min or an hour runtime not really worth buying a battery chassis when a small USB power bank with a 5000 mAh capacity could power it for 4-5 hours or more.
The Battery unit has male pins on one side and female connector on the other side. (pass-thru).

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
have my Wio terminal and tonight the battery pack. I understaand the battery is weak, but still think this will put any handheld to shame and to use it mobile for a half a hour is fine..
Can't wait to see if I can get on the list for one.

FreqNout

The Battery unit has male pins on one side and female connector on the other side. (pass-thru, stackable).
Okay, now I understand. Seeed Battery chassis COULD be used - not must be used.

How will the MicroP25RX/Wio units be powered if NOT using the Seeed Battery Chassis - what connector type?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
My USB port on my modded pro 18 is broke, I can send it in and for $129 bucks get it fixed and upgraded. But just thinking this setup in a phone holder in the care would be great. Battery would be charged, if I need to take it out I still get a hour out of it, as you said the stacking should allow for a USB-c power connection.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I would recommend the seed battery pack regardless of what you use for power. Batteries are a big capacitor that will take a surge to protect your equipment..

btt

Banned
Banned
Okay, now I understand. Seeed Battery chassis COULD be used - not must be used.

How will the MicroP25RX/Wio units be powered if NOT using the Seeed Battery Chassis - what connector type?
The digital board has a micro-USB connector. This is the only way for PC-to-MicroP25RX communications to take place. The main cable you need for the MicroP25RX will be a micro-USB connector.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Are you taking pre orders? Happy to send a couple hundred bucks tonight to help you out.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Just let us know when ready, been using DSD+Fastlane for years, looking for something compact.

btt

Banned
Banned
Regarding the Wio Chassis battery pack. I'm not going to recommend / support this for use with the MicroP25RX. It isn't designed for this application and it may introduce potential issues depending on configuration. As others have mentioned, there are less expensive USB battery pack solutions that provide much larger battery capacity without introducing potential electrical complications.

btt

Banned
Banned
Here is a not-so-great phone video of the new hardware. Everything is working as expected with this rev so far. The audio in this video is from an Anker Soundcore speaker attached via the 3.5mm line-out jack being captured by a cell phone. It is being powered by a small USB battery pack (10x Wio battery capacity). I still have a lot of work to do for configuration before I can make them available. I need to assemble a few more to see how it goes. I'll have more videos, images, demonstrations of the Java software soon.

dustinsterk

Awesome, what antenna are you using and are you thinking of also providing one with the device?

dustinsterk

That is correct. I'm not going to be including the WIo Terminal display or the USB cable. It will include the receiver (analog + digital), the Wio Adapter, and the Base stand pieces. Assembled and tested. While supplies last, it will include a 700/800 MHz antenna and ear buds-with-volume-control. It isn't obvious from the visual, but there will be header / wire between the adapter and the analog board that will form an RF shield around the analog section. If I didn't screw anything up with the changes, then it should be a nice little receiver. For audio, I hooked up an Anker speaker with the line-out option and it sounds really good.

Here is an image of base/stand boards. Two of them per unit.

View attachment 127013

edit: I haven't decided the amount yet, but there will be a discount for previous customers.
Ah nevermind you already answered it in a prior post. :)

Reactions: btt