Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Many reports of loud explosion or possible sonic boom near Annapolis.
See my above post. Seems there was a Alert Scramble near DC area. and Atlantic City F-16 COSMIC said he did
go supersonic over the Bay. Not sure if this was exercise or real deal. Sounded real to me :)
Last heard they are still holding with Guard Dog on 350.250 but real weak coms here.

Last edited:

JetWash

PMARS --the regional public safety/mutual aid system - has had dispatchers from Gainesville to Annapolis to Quantico reporting the loud noise. Two minutes ago was a dispatcher saying it was a DOD aircraft going supersonic, but the location of the dispatcher was cut off.

PenguinSix

Mark: thanks, just saw it as I was paging backward. USSS said it was a sonic boom. I didn't hear it though. Oh well.
See my above post. Seems there was a Alert Scramble near DC area. and Atlantic City F-16 COSMIC said he did
go supersonic over the Bay. Not sure if this was exercise or real deal. Sounded real to me :)
Last heard they are still holding with Guard Dog on 350.250 but real weak coms here.

hrspotter

Jet noise lover

adamt56

Listening to the Augusta County feed. Sounds like ground units are still trying to locate the crash. Some units are staging around milepost 23 of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Staging area is now St Mary's Wilderness (which is exactly where the flight path ends).

Side note: I've heard multiple mentions of no cell service. I thought FirstNet was supposed to solve this??

Status
Not open for further replies.