Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
NOBLE-11 and NICE-12 both tried Swamp Fox ops 350.050 with no luck.
NOBLE-11 asks Huntress to try them on land line and tell them to check their radio.

Here comes RCH334 C-17 #00-0182 into Maine from Estonia going to Martin State airport.
I had typo as 0192 in my earlier log..

1635 NOBLE-11 eyeballs TOI a Cessna pulling a banner south along the Coast..
That was end of that no action required unless they sent CG chopper to chase but heard nothing.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
O182 is an ANG C-17 from KMRB.
Thanks.. wondered who this tail belonged to. Was a 62Aw McChord tail for long time and this tail
spends a lot of time in Europe even logged as Bandage Medevac working Eastern Europe into Germany.
See on 3/24/2023 came East from McChord as DECOY-77 so maybe new to the squadron?
Yeah the WV ANG guys and Maryland ANG team up a lot recently.. Part of the new ACE deployments going around.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Potus beach CAP breaking up soon as NOBLE-21,22 got last 2k topoffs.
NICE-12 still working the CAP says offloaded 60k fuel and NOBLE-21,22 on ZDC 354.150 says will be rtb
McEntire in 25 minutes.. Sharp sounding female pilot in NOBLE-22.
Told tanker we will be here doing work till December... wow. NICE-12 says we signed up for only 3 month block.
2039 local NICE-21,22 departing the CAP on ZDC 354.150 and Huntress 260.900
2033 local NOBLE-22 calls in status to Swamp Fox 350.050 in the blind.
NOBLE's push their own local A/A Aux-14 departing come up on 309.850

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Seems there was a Wallops launch tonight well after dark around 21:25 local.. only vid coverage is here.
Fast foward to 32:15 in this vid to watch. Route was just off to the Southeast according to notam reservations report.
There is a Wallops backup Notam posted for Sunday night but assume will be removed.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I also saw Biden was doing a flyover of the I-95 collapse - does he (and all presidents) use Marine One exclusively for disaster flyovers?

You'd need to clarify a little. as any Marine helo the president is aboard is Marine 1, obviously M1 isn't "exclusively for disaster flyovers" since M1 takes him from the White House (and other places) to many places.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
NOBLE-11 arrived for Dogfish CAP at 0520 local then at 0530 says we are early RTB from CAP to McEntire.
0540 local NOBLE 11 with ZDC 236.825 headed back South... Did not hear a NOBLE-12 but upon departure with ZDC said standard formation.
0542 COSMIC 01,02 established in CAP.. NICE-20 #16-46070 was supposed to be tanker replaced with NICE-99 #16-46020

Last edited:

frank3si

You'd need to clarify a little. as any Marine helo the president is aboard is Marine 1, obviously M1 isn't "exclusively for disaster flyovers" since M1 takes him from the White House (and other places) to many places.

Sorry it wasn't clear. What I meant was, any time a president does a disaster flyover, will it be via one of the presidential fleet of Sikorskys? In other words, will he only fly in a helicopter operated by HMX-1 (that if necessary, has itself been transported to a location near where the disaster took place)?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry it wasn't clear. What I meant was, any time a president does a disaster flyover, will it be via one of the presidential fleet of Sikorskys? In other words, will he only fly in a helicopter operated by HMX-1 (that if necessary, has itself been transported to a location near where the disaster took place)?
The HMX birds are designed for presidential/VP/VIP transport with additional comms and safety equipment to protect the passengers, it only makes sense that is what would be used. They meet the needs and requirements of the USSS as well. In the same vain, I doubt they'd rent a SUV from Hertz to provide transport on the ground for a USSS protectee, they'll fly in USSS approved transportation.

PenguinSix

I'm told by locals that Penn Belt Dr/Penn Belt Pl in Forestville MD is good for runway 19R in the afternoons, but can not confirm.

View attachment 143952
I film from there occasionally and from the other side of Forestville Road by the Thomson Creek Window warehouse and whatnot. both are good and bad. There are many trees and low-lying buildings that can affect your view. If a POTUS flight there will be a helicopter scout you before takeoff and if you look sus they may send a cruiser to talk to you.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS off to California tomorrow morning, AF1 departing from Dover

9:50 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Gordon’s Pond Landing Zone, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware en route to Dover, Delaware
10:20 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Dover Air Force Base, Dover, Delaware en route to Santa Clara County, California

PDT

12:25 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Moffett Federal Airfield, in Santa Clara County, California
1:15 PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks Lucy Evans Baylands Nature Interpretive Center and Preserve, Palo Alto, California
3:30 PM THE PRESIDENT participates in a campaign reception in Los Gatos, California
6:15 PM THE PRESIDENT participates in a campaign reception in Atherton, California

Status
Not open for further replies.