Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
lots of female voices today on 293.300 (my db says 104th FS MD but no idea who this actually is today)
Heard them as flight of 3 coming back from upstate NY area on same freq.Two Women and 1 Male.
May have been MD ANG Raven flight who I heard today enroute Yankee MOA push ZNY 290.200 before landing in Albany area it sounded like.
Looks like Yankee MOA reserved again for tomorrow morning.
Interacting Schedules
Like this old Vid clip of MD ANG two years ago ripping thru the NH Mountains low.Must be August tradition :)

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Checking the tape there was a B-1, TIGER 02, working the Fort Drum Range this afternoon. Departed around 15:45 via ART-SYR-YNG, controller said RTB to Rapid City but not sure if he meant it as a waypoint or it was the destination. Also MA ANG F-15s, LETHAL flight, working Viper.

K46A BOE 10 15-46010 eastbound. Finally on delivery or some extended test flight ?

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Checking the tape there was a B-1, TIGER 02, working the Fort Drum Range this afternoon. Departed around 15:45 via ART-SYR-YNG, controller said RTB to Rapid City but not sure if he meant it as a waypoint or it was the destination. Also MA ANG F-15s, LETHAL flight, working Viper.

K46A BOE 10 15-46010 eastbound. Finally on delivery or some extended test flight ?
Must be extended test flight. That tail is one of the oldest new tails when they stopped production for a while
due to quality issues and parked them for later completion.. Going into Jacksonville?
McGuire and Travis getting most of the new deliveries. Usually on Fridays and McGuire delivery callsign is PUDGY## and Travis is GOLDN ##

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
That tail is one of the oldest new tails when they stopped production for a while due to quality issues and parked them for later completion.. Going into Jacksonville?
Looks like it landed at Cecil/KVQQ. I see Boeing has a maintenance facility there, where they do work for the Navy on P-8s, C-40s, and F-18s.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Harris family travel on Thursday...

At 10:35 am ET, the Vice President will depart from Washington, DC en route to Milwaukee, WI.
At 11:25 am CT, the Vice President will arrive at Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport.
At 5:25 pm CT, the Vice President will depart from Milwaukee, WI en route to Washington, DC.
At 8:05 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.

On Thursday, August 3, Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff will travel to Milford, Pennsylvania.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
May be a long shot but has anyone heard anything on this aircraft and its status ?

Shortly after takeoff reported a Gear Disagree EICAS Message, leveled off at 5000 feet. Reports 171 souls on board, 05:53 minutes fuel.

2341- Doing 45 degree bank turns to try and swing the gear down to lock. UAL924 on Potomac 126.100 LiveATC
2344- Sounds like they can't get one of their gear down, advise will be holding quite awhile to burn off fuel. Working with maintenance to trouble shoot the problem. Not sure the frequency (SATCOM?), would be an interesting conversation.
update- right main gear not showing down and locked

Last edited:

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
Well over a year ago when I joined this group, one of you was kind enough to send me the enroute freqs used by the KMRB C-17s when they fly the terrain avoidance track that runs from KMRB to the vicinity of Wardensville, WV. Their turn point at the south end is essentially my house and we get fleeting but window-filling views of them. I've lost that freq but need to put it into a new scanner. Would appreciate a repeat if that's not too much trouble.

Gee, while I was typing that, DECOY-84 went over on the track. If I don't know they are coming, they pass so quickly at low altitude that I can't run from my home office to the living room, which has a wall of windows looking down the valley. Usually they turn right outside the windows, level with the house but just down the valley. Easy spotting. But if they turn early, they're over the house. No problem hearing them, of course. Just need to open the second-story windows in case they want to fly thru.
I believe it was 255.400

Here is where you asked previously, w/ responses that followed:

Status
Not open for further replies.