Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
They used to be 24/7 back in early 2000's when GWB was Pres shortly after 9/11 but over couple years time they
stopped it.. Onle NORAD knows reason :)
Air Force fighters seem to work bankers hours since I moved here lol. All the Langley birds have been RTB by 1600 but when the Navy squadrons are all in at Oceana they’re flying all hours of the day and into the night some returning after 2300L. Same goes for Eglin in Florida unless it’s scheduled night training it’s all daytime for some reason. One exception is the AWACS at Tinker will RTB late sometimes and do hours of pattern work well into the night serenading me with their TF33’s lol.

frank3si

SU-BTV has been at Spirit of St Louis Airport (KSUS) on previous occasions. Dassault maintenance is available there.

"Dassault Falcon Jet St. Louis
Line Service Center

St Louis, a 27,000 sq. ft. facility at Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS) airport, is authorized to perform “12 Month” through “48 Month” inspections as well as avionics installations on the Falcon 50, Falcon 2000 and Falcon 900 family of aircraft as well as the Falcon 7X and 8X. It has about $1.5 million in tooling, equipment and Falcon spares in addition to a hangar, shop and offices for employees and customers."

That Egyptian SU-BTV aircraft took off moments ago from KILG, 10:07am EST, having been here since we started discussing it on Thursday.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
DEECEE 71,72 tankers off Andrews A/A on their squad freq 239.400.
"Message to all players there is a unknown Bandit 090 at 120 miles".
Tankers seem to be staying low maybe till they get offshore.Weak coms now as they are staying low.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

frank3si

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark, what entity in Georgetown would support this work?
Homepage | ALOFT AeroArchitects

They specialize in B737 BBJ types. They can even add ER fuel tanks as well.
Seen many come out of there the last few years.. Sometimes Boeing will send them brand new B738's
right from the Seattle production line incompleted and will finish up there.
Must be doing OK to have customer all the way from Indonesia..

DEED-169 C-130J #17-5904 from 136AW Texas inbound Dover on CP 349.400.
Said we can't complete fuel requests till we know what our uploads are so will refuel tomorrow.
Don't get many DEED C-130's around here.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
ZD1 headed in from the east, probably coming in early for Friday's Summit with 11 latin countries
Reg.:
Portugal
DB flags:
military
Type: E390
EMBRAER EMB-390
Type is now officially NATO qualified now that Portugal has one..

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
This may be a 'duh' question, forgive me if it is, but can anyone answer why it seems that the CAP missions only run, or seem to anyway, during daylight hours?
Less possibility of a general aviation aircraft operating after sundown (most would be on IFR flight plan or getting advisory service from ATC radar. The USCG helo Bouncer 1 is available after dark. That is why they practice a lot of night intercept operations down near the Sea Isle VOR area. They usually work with a CAP aircraft or amongst themselves.

If need be - Atlantic City has F16s a short distance away. I am sure NORAD monitors the airspace 24/7 regardless of what is airborne.

Radar412

Premium Subscriber
split between Berkeley Springs, WV & Wyoming
Less possibility of a general aviation aircraft operating after sundown (most would be on IFR flight plan or getting advisory service from ATC radar. The USCG helo Bouncer 1 is available after dark. That is why they practice a lot of night intercept operations down near the Sea Isle VOR area. They usually work with a CAP aircraft or amongst themselves.

If need be - Atlantic City has F16s a short distance away. I am sure NORAD monitors the airspace 24/7 regardless of what is airborne.
That makes sense, thanks for the reasoning. I haven't been able to listen too frequently to make an attempt to 'logic' an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.