Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
1115- Couple of TACAMOS up. Kilts 61 (#163920) & Naos 65 (#164387) off PAX. Naos 65 might be heading back to Tinker.
Also BASIL-51 #162782 and REEFER-65 #164408 Offutt AFB area.

B-52H #61-0020 north of Little Rock, AR heading Northeast

Last edited:
Sorry for lack of details, heard "cold, steel, wombat and burner are all going to be operating in the test track." and something about the raptors staying above 29,000'. Wasn't at scanner and haven't gotten my computer control fixed.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for lack of details, heard "cold, steel, wombat and burner are all going to be operating in the test track." and something about the raptors staying above 29,000'. Wasn't at scanner and haven't gotten my computer control fixed.
Wombat shows as 3 Langley T-38's on the Va Peninsula. WT-01,02,03.

1432 local Getting Coronet tanker coms on 373.550 receivers asking about getting maybe 5 more k of fuel.
Must be BLUE-32 KC-135 headed South with some more A-10's.

Heard 3 double 0 6 (300.6) mentioned and "a flight of 7", not in the same transmission or likely the same freq. I am on the Virginia Peninsula near the James River about 5-6 miles from Langley and probably closer than that to Chambers. I hear the Langley Raptors and T-38s taking off audibly many times depending on their direction of departure and hear Navy helicopters flying up and down the James River between Chambers and Felker (KFAF) at Ft. Eustis. Also have Navy C-2s and E-2s fly overhead fairly often. Hoping some of what I hear helps someone else monitoring and hope to get my computer control back working to be able to provide more details soon. BTW, anyone ever come across anything like an In Flight Guide (IFG), Course rules or anything similiar to that for Langley, Chambers or Oceana?

frank3si

Odd - I saw Air Force One on ADS-B go by headed north to Philadelphia this morning, then listened to traffic reports as President Biden went from Philadelphia appearances back to PHL. But the aircraft never showed up on the flight back to Andrews, which I'm sure is well over by now...

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Odd - I saw Air Force One on ADS-B go by headed north to Philadelphia this morning, then listened to traffic reports as President Biden went from Philadelphia appearances back to PHL. But the aircraft never showed up on the flight back to Andrews, which I'm sure is well over by now...
See here

1702335232332.png

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Local Boeing work for US Special Operations Command

Hope they do some test flights of those Bad Black Beauties around here..
In years past Boeing factory would occasionally send the CH-47's new and refurbished down the Delaware river a
few miles to pick up and test the ILS landing system at KILG. Haven't heard them do that in a while..
More MH-47G Block II Chinook helicopters are coming | Time for a special upgrade. Thank you, U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command, for a contract to produce six remanufactured MH-47G Block II... | By The Boeing Company | Facebook

DEED-193 out of KILG showing as X C-130J #11-5732 calling Quantico AF Ops on 355.300 inbound there.
Req 20k fuel.

Last edited:

frank3si

See here

View attachment 152850

Thank you! He departed ahead of schedule then, before I started looking. He was supposed to depart PHL at 3:40, and local news radio station KYW at 3:30 was still reporting they were waiting for highways to close for the motorcade. When in reality, he'd already reached PHL and taken off - fake news! o_O

I saw TEDDY70, C-17 on presidential support duty, fly over out of PHL about an hour ago as a consolation prize ;)

frank3si

In years past Boeing factory would occasionally send the CH-47's new and refurbished down the Delaware river a
few miles to pick up and test the ILS landing system at KILG. Haven't heard them do that in a while..
More MH-47G Block II Chinook helicopters are coming | Time for a special upgrade. Thank you, U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command, for a contract to produce six remanufactured MH-47G Block II... | By The Boeing Company | Facebook

DEED-193 out of KILG showing as X C-130J #11-5732 calling Quantico AF Ops on 355.300 inbound there.
Req 20k fuel.

Ironically I had a Chinook pass directly overhead at a pretty low altitude about a mile from KILG while walking the pup this morning. Love seeing them!

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Space Force X-37B launch just scratched again tonight.. No reason heard yet.
There is second Falcon -9 Starlink launch scheduled for 11:05PM tonight also from down there.

RCH-125 C-17 #10-0215 departed Germany tonight seemed headed home but now circling South of Glasgow Scotland at 14k.
1702343869570.png

Last edited:

vgames15

Premium Subscriber

Req 20k fuel.
Had one of the Spanish military last week flying as Bravo Hotel (Boeing Helicopter) 18. ET433 was the Registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.