Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Went to PR.
Also came right back to Andrews.. Somebody forget something? Extra guests or someone wanted to go home? :)

Rose Bowl in Pasadena has notam for Jan 1.. The B-2's return again this year after grounding last year the B-1's did the parade
and the game.. B-1's are better at making some real noise..Couple security Notams for Seattle and Vegas and Brownsville Tx as well...

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
B-1's are better at making some real noise..
The first time I got exposed to their noise, was while driving cross country, & stopped into Ellsworth AFB. I was at the shoppette, while a Lancer was spooling up. I think I was about a mile from the ramp, and it felt like it was just the other side of the building. It was a wake up call.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The first time I got exposed to their noise, was while driving cross country, & stopped into Ellsworth AFB. I was at the shoppette, while a Lancer was spooling up. I think I was about a mile from the ramp, and it felt like it was just the other side of the building. It was a wake up call.
My favorite B-1 story is easy.. Early 2000's I was long time regular back then for the Dover Downs Nascar races as friends who had season tickets that they renewed every year for twice annual races. Course being radio scanner buff Nascar races were outstanding fun back then.
As we were walking in before the race to our seats 20 min to green flag I saw two B-1's circling over the Delaware Bay at about 5k feet.
I told friends and folks seated around us that a awesome B-1 flyover was gonna happen..

Well after pre-race festivities and National Anthem all quiet as no flyover.. Folks and myself looking all around.. Nothing..
Fox Motorsports goes to commercial as had that direct feed freq in my scanner and some friends giving me puzzled looks like . What happened?
30 seconds later two B-1's rip over the stadium at 2k feet North to South wings folded and burners going one just behind right of the other..
Darrel Waltrip commentator on station feed yells.. "What the Hell was that". Some kids near us started crying as scared the bejeebers out of almost everyone LOL
They were a bit late for their TOT after Anthem.. Maybe someone had their times wrong so they really went full throttles to try and make up time.
Don't think any future B-1 flyover by me will ever top that.. :)

Last edited:

Tech792

1235L- I'm seeing two to three TIS-B targets that just took off from Andrews. Looks like they're starting to circle around just south of Fedex Stadium.
1239L- Edit: Unless thats the 3 UH1 you're talking about. Air speeds are low.

xtremey

1235L- I'm seeing two to three TIS-B targets that just took off from Andrews. Looks like they're starting to circle around just south of Fedex Stadium.
1239L- Edit: Unless thats the 3 UH1 you're talking about. Air speeds are low.
Yeah that’s them. Guess they scratched the F22s and sent out the Hueys for the flyover instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.