Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

610hawk

Seems some Americans sure like taking risks on small private airplanes,boats and Mountain climbing.
OT from MilAir, but as far as the Coast Guard search goes from what I saw today, the ocean is firing on all cylinders. I took a short journey into the ocean on my jet ski in South Jersey, and was greeted with 10+ ft breaking waves. Would be in the same waters that the C-130 was searching yesterday afternoon. Those men and women are the best at their job, but anyone who ends up in that open water needs a miracle.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Seems some Americans sure like taking risks on small private airplanes,boats and Mountain climbing.
A fine line between bravery and stupidity it seems to me..
Another dumb boating accident.. American archaeologist drowns after boat sinks on Viking voyage
Agreed, a fine line, even with kids, you don't want people afraid to go out and take some risks, but risks sometimes have consequences.

How many of us are lucky to be alive based on the risks we didn't even think about when young, but helped form our abilities and personalities.

Not taking risks can have consequences also. for example, in the past, one of an infants milestone was being able to lift the upper part of his body while laying flat. When parents were told that children shouldn't be allowed to sleep on their stomachs (but should get a good amount of supervised stomach time), the milestone had to be changed since most infants were no longer able to do it.

Thanks
Joel

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Busy day for POTUS Monday...

8:00 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Rehoboth Beach, Delaware en route to Wilmington, Delaware
8:35 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Wilmington, Delaware
2:00 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Wilmington, Delaware en route to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2:15 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at Philadelphia International Airport
2:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Philadelphia, Pennsylvania en route to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3:25 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at Pittsburgh International Airport
6:20 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania en route to Joint Base Andrews
7:15 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives to Joint Base Andrews
7:35 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
Not local but heard ROPER 69 (181st AS) on 13927 kHz working MARS RADIO yesterday. He patched in to an unknown station on the phone and requested "immediate response alert" at Naval Air Station - Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, explaining "this is a local procedure required when landing at the airfield, closed operations". Unknown station on the phone asked if it was an emergency and he said no. Why would this be required?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Not local but heard ROPER 69 (181st AS) on 13927 kHz working MARS RADIO yesterday. He patched in to an unknown station on the phone and requested "immediate response alert" at Naval Air Station - Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, explaining "this is a local procedure required when landing at the airfield, closed operations". Unknown station on the phone asked if it was an emergency and he said no. Why would this be required?
Field probably closed for Holiday weekend and crew wants to make sure there is a ground crew
and maybe Customs if needed to greet the aircraft. Nice catch.. don't get many phone patches these days with all the
satellite coms replacing HF.

jsoergel

1934 EDT
Saw this guy on ADSBx and was trying to figure out his callsign. As luck would have it, he just called Bangor OPs on 132.000 announcing his inbound ETA and that he will be in town for a couple days.

BGST404 is BLUE GHOST 404

Some research on the net is suggesting this is a US Navy T-54A from TAW-4 in Texas. I'm hoping someone on the ground at Bangor can get a picture. No tracking site has a reg number on this guy.

It is the new T-54As using that call. BLUE GHOST is the nickname for the USS Lexington, now a museum ship in Corpus Christi.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
0935- Looks like HC-130J CG 2013 is up from E.City NC in same SAR area as the past few days. Also a couple of CG MH-65s off ACY. Maybe joining the SAR?
CG helo 6605 arrived at KWWD for static display at AirFest 2024

Cape May County B206 helo now arriving for static display at KWWD AirFest 2024

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
0935- Looks like HC-130J CG 2013 is up from E.City NC in same SAR area as the past few days. Also a couple of CG MH-65s off ACY. Maybe joining the SAR?
1026L - COMMCOM on COTHEN calling 2013 req ops and position. I couldn't hear anything of 013.
1052L - COMMCOM checking in with 2013 again, nothing heard from 013 on my end again.

Last edited:

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I have for Warren Grove:
283.100 UHF PRi
139.625 VHF PRi
32.3500 VHF Lo PRi
41.3000 VHF Lo Sec
258.200 Misc unid
286.200 Misc unid
296.200 Misc unid
286.2 was "range primary" 15 to 20 years ago. Then switched to the present 283.1
139.625 was a "range secondary" years ago......haven't heard it used since

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
SAM-808 #98-0001 outbound from Quebec City seems enroute back to DC
Was AF-2 last night so guess someone else borrowed the plane today.

Actually it was AF2 on Thursday, landing at 7:45pm, it left ADW at 9:14am yesterday (Friday) as SAM808 headed north for a couple of stops and eventually made it to Quebec.

Checked Canadian PM schedule, nothing showing for meeting with US official.

Last edited: