Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
11:44 229.825 air to air talking about area 1A and 1B
Maybe talking about the 1A and 1B areas that are in the northwest corner of W72 (southeast of Norfolk) ? At the time there were a bunch of Oceana F-18s working those areas although I've not seen 229.825 listed as one of their TAC freqs. Did you hear anything else that might help ID it ?

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
With September on the horizon, a reminder that the UN General Assembly begins in a few weeks. It will begin on September 10th with high level debate beginning on September 24th until September 28th. A lot of presidential aircraft will be coming into the area.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Lots of Safety Notices and TFRs active for VP, POTUS, and Trump this weekend and into next week...(hard to tell what is Trump and which is VP now as Trump gets same TFR area 5 miles/4999 ft)...

SubjectNotice TypeDateNotice Number
VIP Movement Notification - Charlotte, NC Selected ATC Notices 8/30/2024 NOTC3852
VIP Notification - Philadelphia, PA Selected ATC Notices 8/30/2024 NOTC3851
VIP Notification - New York, NY Selected ATC Notices 8/30/2024 NOTC3850
VIP Movement Notification - LaCrosse, WI Selected ATC Notices 8/30/2024 NOTC3848
VIP Movement Notification - Harrisburg, PA Selected ATC Notices 8/29/2024 NOTC3846
VIP Movement Notification - Wilmington, DE Selected ATC Notices 8/29/2024 NOTC3845
VIP Movement Notification - Pittsburgh, PA Selected ATC Notices 8/28/2024 NOTC3840
VIP Movement Notification - Detroit MI Selected ATC Notices 8/27/2024 NOTC3844
VIP Movement Notification - Pittsburgh, PA Selected ATC Notices 8/27/2024 NOTC3841

And TFRs...

Mark

Premium Subscriber
U.S. Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic just saw that about the coast guard operations off the coast
Grid type Search starting back up again this evening with CG-2016..
Don't recall such a long CG missing boater search before like this. Usually lasts about 48 hours at most.

Earlier 1555 local BANDAGE-27 NC ANG C-17 #00-0183 into Andrews from Ramstein reports 43 patients
and two pallets aboard on CP 378.100. Usually use that callsign in Asia/Europe theatre but not often into the US.
First time I recall a NC ANG Charlotte C-17 doing this medevac mission.. Seems usually before Holidays and of course most Fridays
they get flight in.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Grid type Search starting back up again this evening with CG-2016..
Don't recall such a long CG missing boater search before like this. Usually lasts about 48 hours at most.

Earlier 1555 local BANDAGE-27 NC ANG C-17 #00-0183 into Andrews from Ramstein reports 43 patients
and two pallets aboard on CP 378.100. Usually use that callsign in Asia/Europe theatre but not often into the US.
First time I recall a NC ANG Charlotte C-17 doing this medevac mission.. Seems usually before Holidays and of course most Fridays
they get flight in.
I just read about the guy missing (I presume with his name there are not many out there). Appears to be a professor of ASL (American Sign Language) and based on what I read is deaf. So perhaps the situation is more concerning since he may not be able to hear aircraft or other vessels calling for him. Since he was alone perhaps a more sustained effort to find him. Either way hope they find him.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
1934 EDT
Saw this guy on ADSBx and was trying to figure out his callsign. As luck would have it, he just called Bangor OPs on 132.000 announcing his inbound ETA and that he will be in town for a couple days.

BGST404 is BLUE GHOST 404

Some research on the net is suggesting this is a US Navy T-54A from TAW-4 in Texas. I'm hoping someone on the ground at Bangor can get a picture. No tracking site has a reg number on this guy.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I just read about the guy missing (I presume with his name there are not many out there). Appears to be a professor of ASL (American Sign Language) and based on what I read is deaf. So perhaps the situation is more concerning since he may not be able to hear aircraft or other vessels calling for him. Since he was alone perhaps a more sustained effort to find him. Either way hope they find him.
Seems some Americans sure like taking risks on small private airplanes,boats and Mountain climbing.
A fine line between bravery and stupidity it seems to me..
Another dumb boating accident.. American archaeologist drowns after boat sinks on Viking voyage