Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

nodak1crdet3

1913 local CAP breaking up already.. Days are getting shorter :)
Tanker WINK-13 #58-0129 MIch ANG ok to RTB with 4 contacts on 260.900 and
NOBLE-11,12 cleared direct Shaw AFB ZDC 363.000>ZDC 285.450 and A/A 270.900

I was at DTW when Selfridge tanker WINK 13 departed DTW around 04:06pm. Wasn't showing on ADSB. Selfridge runway is being worked on. They have tankers at DTW & K.I. Sawyer in the U.P. I don't know where the A-10's are. There's only 4 or 5 on the ramp at MTC.

20240906_160940(1).jpg
I have a couple of posts on the Michigan forum about AF-1's visit to Detroit yesterday.

Chuck in Detroit / NODAK 1

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
1148L- Starting to hear HMX-1 weak 143.825......maybe heading to NYC for a dry run for this week's trip? 3 showing on ADS-B.
They seem to do a dry run 3 to 4 days before a trip.
1201L- Edit: Terry....yes I have 273.95 in scan. Haven't heard anything yet. Maybe a bit too far for UHF for me.
ADSB started showing 4 briefly as the small generic icon went off the NJ coast but now it's back to 3.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
1148L- Starting to hear HMX-1 weak 143.825......maybe heading to NYC for a dry run for this week's trip? 3 showing on ADS-B.
They seem to do a dry run 3 to 4 days before a trip.
1201L- Edit: Terry....yes I have 273.95 in scan. Haven't heard anything yet. Maybe a bit too far for UHF for me.
They passed just west and north of me - and were chatting on 273.950 for a bit. Have some pictures but I really need to get a zoom booster for the camera - the MV22 is a bit small for the distance.

They were active at 12:06 EDT on 273.950

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Anyone picking up MD A10s anywhere? As I just passed RWY13 at ACY, looked like an A10 was lifting off. Only saw it for a quick second so not 100%, but I got a hit on Warren Grove Primary 283.1 not too long ago…
When monitoring the MV22s I heard RAVEN 1 on Atlantic City radar requesting landing with full stop.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
When monitoring the MV22s I heard RAVEN 1 on Atlantic City radar requesting landing with full stop.
From tape I had RAVEN-1 inbound Martin State for runway 33 at 11:17am local.

I thought Atlantic City airshow was cancelled but seems OC NJ has TFR for a air show next weekend.
Can't find any info on this though.. 4/1621 NOTAM Details

Couple McGuire KC-46's westbound for Pacific perhaps.
PETRO-21,31.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
French AWACS southbound. Interesting route, north out of France to Norway then across the pond.
French Mil prefer or have contracts with Canada to make fuel stops when out this way..
Seen many French tankers stop in Northeast Canada then go West to Vancouver stop before plunging South
to Hawaii.. Guess Hawaii is needed stop on way to Tahiti or other French Pacific territories.
Unusual for a French AWACS over here though.. :)

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
From tape I had RAVEN-1 inbound Martin State for runway 33 at 11:17am local.

I thought Atlantic City airshow was cancelled but seems OC NJ has TFR for a air show next weekend.
Mark

I found this for Ocean City NJ

About Ocean City Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow

Heads up NJ aviation fans! Ocean City Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow is coming to Ocean City in September.

Come out to Ocean City Boardwalk to see a variety of aircraft and enjoy fun aviation activities.

Mark the calendar now and make Ocean City Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow part of your summer fun.

Events, performers and aircraft may change without notice, due to weather conditions, mechanical issues and other considerations. Connect directly with Ocean City Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow for the latest information.

Air Show Center does not organize or represent the event listed above. Info is provided to alert aviation enthusiasts about opportuntites to see various aircraft and experience fun and interesting aviation activites.

Airport/Venue:

Ocean City Boardwalk
Ocean City, NJ

Event Date(s):

September 15, 2024

Terry

610hawk

I thought Atlantic City airshow was cancelled but seems OC NJ has TFR for an air show next weekend.
Saturday is the “OCNJ Airport Festival” and Sunday is the “Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow.” The description for the aerobatic show mentions “military demonstrations” with no mention of who or what exactly.