Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
HFGCS has been filled with "standing by for traffic" messages almost every 30 minutes from the airborne command post callsign. Every EAM/FDM since about two days ago has been in the MG-series (MG####) and has been intended for one of the following: ALPHA, BRAVO, GOLF, MIKE forces, or ERNIE.

As of 1742 there was one TD-series message not addressed to a lettered force or station.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Ed Google Maps says just over 12 hours and 741 miles from my house :(
A lot closer is Dover airshow that weekend.. Air Show
Well, that makes my drive seem so short! Your drive is about what I do to Virginia Beach each Sept for the oceana airshow/vacation.

I guess if I lived where you are, Dover makes more sense! 😁

mdmonitor

HFGCS has been filled with "standing by for traffic" messages almost every 30 minutes from the airborne command post callsign. Every EAM/FDM since about two days ago has been in the MG-series (MG####) and has been intended for one of the following: ALPHA, BRAVO, GOLF, MIKE forces, or ERNIE.

As of 1742 there was one TD-series message not addressed to a lettered force or station.
2015- E-4B # 73-1676 inbound to ADW.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR
THE WEEK OF MARCH 4, 2024– MARCH 10, 2024

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

The President will depart Camp David and return to the White House.

Friday, March 8, 2024

The President and the First Lady will travel to the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania.
The President and the First Lady will travel to Wilmington, Delaware, where they will remain overnight.

Saturday, March 9, 2024

The President and the First Lady will depart Wilmington, Delaware and travel to the Atlanta area of Georgia.
In the evening, the President and the First Lady will return to Wilmington, Delaware, where the President will remain until Sunday.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

The President will depart Wilmington, Delaware, and return to the White House.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 4 – MARCH 9, 2024

On Monday, March 4, the Vice President will meet with Israeli War Cabinet Member Benny Gantz. (Has anyone caught the plane yet?)

On Wednesday, March 6, the Vice President will travel to Madison, WI with arrival at Dane County Regional Airport.

On Friday, March 8, the Vice President will travel to Phoenix, AZ. Later, the Vice President will travel to Los Angeles, CA.

On Saturday, March 9, the Vice President will travel to Las Vegas, NV. Later, the Vice President will return to Los Angeles, CA

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
U.S. service members secure humanitarian aid onto a cargo aircraft on March 1, 2024. The next day three U.S. Air Force C-130J Super Hercules loaded with humanitarian aid bound for airdrop over Gaza take off in Southwest Asia, to conduct an airdrop of humanitarian assistance over Gaza, March 2, 2024.

610hawk

1122- An old McGuire KC-135 (60-0366) as BAT91 is currently on final to KACY. This airframe was decorated with the 108th Wing's Tiger livery before it was moved out of McGuire last September. I've heard that this plane will be at next year's Power in the Pines Airshow at McGuire and ultimately will remain on base as a display piece.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Question for the hive mind experts on Army/ArNG aircraft. Saw a C-12 40325 arriving Sunday afternoon at Richmond Executive Airport in Chesterfield and being hangared in a spot that at one time was associated with a couple National Guard detachments. Actual markings on the plane read 'United States of America' with no service branch specified. Typical military off-white paint job with no tailcode--which also leads me to think Army. Several personnel in fatigues with luggage.

Our Nation Guard aviation units used to all be at RIC with the 2/224's flying H-60's and the 986th Medical Det. flying H-1's. 986th is now defunct AFAIK.

A few years ago we had some kind of H-60 unit at Chesterfield, and also H-72's. Maybe some H-6's also, but I can't remember how it all fit together. Most of these were small detachments from companies whose assets were spread over multiple state NG's. Haven't seen NG helos actually going in to hangar at Chesterfield recently, but the H-72's (c/s LEGEND) seem to behave like it's their home. Some H-60's use the callsign ROGUE, but not sure what unit they're with.

Can anybody shed some light on this?
73/Allen (N4JRI)

tazz

0915- Venus 97 (C-32 # 09-0017) inbound to ADW. Had taken quick trip down to Charlotte NC area then RTB'ed. Maybe maintenance check flt?

0932- Nighthawk 6 (HMX-1) working Wash Helo (134.35) then land at ADW (118.4).
I just caught C-32 # 09-0017 over my location in SE Ohio at 20,000 feet. It took off on another flight out of ADW, and headed west to around Columbus, Ohio before turning southeast. It then flew towards Charleston, WV before turning back east. It looks llike they may be heading back into ADW now.

Not sure if they were still using the VENUS 97 call sign, as I didn't hear any radio commuincations from them on ATC.

Attachments

• af2-1.JPG
    af2-1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
  • af2-2.JPG
    af2-2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 4
  • af2-3.JPG
    af2-3.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
  • af2-4.JPG
    af2-4.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 3

610hawk

1122- An old McGuire KC-135 (60-0366) as BAT91 is currently on final to KACY. This airframe was decorated with the 108th Wing's Tiger livery before it was moved out of McGuire last September. I've heard that this plane will be at next year's Power in the Pines Airshow at McGuire and ultimately will remain on base as a display piece.
1257- KC-135 (60-0366) heading back out west, presumably to Tennessee ANG in Nashville where it originated from this morning.