Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

mdmonitor

I'll be around the Hagerstown area today with an SDS100 running a Moonraker Ltd Super Gainer VHF Airband antenna and hoping to hear some A-A traffic. Any suggestions for additional frequencies to monitor? I've loaded a few already from prior posts on this thread.
Right now he Camp David CAP id active on 231.625, & 284.1

mdmonitor

One of the local HF guys posted this yesterday

GREEN DOMINION = SCSC Wallops Island

I've long suspected that GREEN DOMINION was the Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island, but today SESEF and GREEN DOMINION compromised that for certain.

GREEN DOMINION called SESEF and Norfolk came back with "repeat your call." Station identified as "SCSC Wallops Island" to which Norfolk responded "Roger, GREEN DOMINION, I have you Lima Charlie." Comms back and forth continued for another few minutes with the same two operators.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Here’s an open newspaper link with photos of this morning’s drop by U.S. C-130s over Gaza:

Better than nothing as I see it but UN Aid groups like Oxfam are criticizing air drops as ineffective and photo op.
Some days you just can't make anyone happy... Especially the UN :(

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Better than nothing as I see it but UN Aid groups like Oxfam are criticizing air drops as ineffective and photo op.
Some days you just can't make anyone happy... Especially the UN :(
The problem with Air drops for the UN and aid agencies is that the food is distributed to the people in need. How can anyone take credit for anything other than the U.S.. If I remember correctly, in other circumstances, all markings noting that aid came from the US were removed... Can't do that with an airdrop.

Aid distribution has been a VERY long term problem (not with Gaza), for example, if I remember correctly in Yemen (or Sudan?), aid was delayed, then just as rains came and crops started to come in, the aid arrived, depriving farmers of income they needed to plant more crops.

Also, if aid is delivered and cities become distribution centers, the population moves out of any arable land towards the population centers, making things worse long term.

I also have to wonder if the drops were MRE's, or Humanitarian rations, there are big differences.

as a side note, humanitarian rations can be dropped individually (like leaflets).

Thanks
Joel

Last edited: