Minor problem with my new scanner feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter-stl

I just started my scanner feed last Saturday - February 11th (St. Louis City Police and Fire) and my feed shows up under new scanner feeds but not if you search using the map feature.
Maybe there's a time delay for it to show up properly, but if not, I thought an Administrator can get in put in the right place.

Thanks!!

Scooter-STL

frazpo

I just started my scanner feed last Saturday - February 11th (St. Louis City Police and Fire) and my feed shows up under new scanner feeds but not if you search using the map feature.
Maybe there's a time delay for it to show up properly, but if not, I thought an Administrator can get in put in the right place.

Thanks!!

Scooter-STL

Submit a help request.

Scooter-stl

I verified that your feed is on the map at St. Louis City, Missouri (MO) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com for St. Louis City (it's not on the St. Louis County page since St. Louis (the city) is an independent city.

-- Gordon
Right, I'm aware that St. Louis City is independent, but that's what is messing things up.
Strictly using the radio reference map, I don't see how you could get to Saint Louis (Independent City) without also getting Saint Louis county. When I click on the tiny part (the city) it gives all of Saint Louis City/Saint Louis county and mine isn't in there. If you try it, you'll also see there's a Saint Louis City FD listed in there, but not mine. There used to be another feed provider that handled police and fire and his showed up where I'd like mine to show up.

The problem is, some of these scanner apps aren't listing my feed because they can't find it. I've found one that works -- 5-0 Radio, but it would be nice if it worked for all of them.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Strictly using the radio reference map, I don't see how you could get to Saint Louis (Independent City) without also getting Saint Louis county. When I click on the tiny part (the city) it gives all of Saint Louis City/Saint Louis county and mine isn't in there.
I'll see what can be done about the fact that St. Louis (the city) can't be selected via the map.

The problem is, some of these scanner apps aren't listing my feed because they can't find it. I've found one that works -- 5-0 Radio, but it would be nice if it worked for all of them.

I verified that your feed is included in the list of feeds that are returned to the various mobile apps when they ask for all feeds that are listed under St. Louis (the city). When the mobile apps ask RadioReference.com for what feeds exist, they first ask for all of the counties/parishes/independent cities that are contained in a state. When those apps ask for all of them in Missiouri, both St. Louis County and St. Louis (the city) are returned, your feed information is included when they ask for all feeds in St. Louis. If an app doesn't have your feed listed the problem is most likely that they don't update their app's directory often enough to see it yet. Some apps use live data (and would see your feed immediately), some update their directories daily, and others might do so less often.

-- Gordon (RadioReference.com Live Audio admin)

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
A change is going to be made to the site so that St. Louis scanner feeds will be included in the list that is displayed when you select St. Louis County on the map.

-- Gordon

Scooter-stl

Thanks again! Yeah, I see how the other scanner applications needed to update before showing up. Most of my iPhone apps are starting to list my feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.