Monitoring the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I am right in the heart of Bainbridge island Washington. And a short ferry ride to and from downtown Seattle. .And the two major sports venues in Seattle. Centurylink field, home of the Seattle Sounders of major league soccer. And the NFLs Seattle Seahawks. I have the Centurylink field LTR system in my Radio shack Pro163. And have had no problem monitoring during football games and other events.

Safeco fieeld, home of the Seattle Mariners just uses a series of conventional frequencies. With one talkgroup on the Seattle TRS.

Radioreference and other sources have an extensive list of NFL frequencies. I haven't programmed any of those in any of my radios. But I'm wondering if it would be worth it? I assume headsets used by coaching staff are encrypted?

Side note. on 12/12/11 ESPN was in town for a game. And I found them on 450.0375

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
NFL communicates very little by radio on game day.

Most everything is simplex for the few freqs used (Game Day RF coordinator plain analog sam freq everywhere / Instant replay radio is TRBO and only used briefly (if the ref pager does not work) to stop play until an official can get on a wired intercom.

Many of the licensed "NFL" frequencies are for the helmet radios which is a repeater (Each stadium has a pair of freqs that are used Home/away team)..on field and 1w and TRBO encrypted.

Other UHF frequencies are for the ref pager system.

Aside from that it's just venue frequencies for regular season.

The stadium I freelance at uses about 50 frequencies for any given game. 40 of which are the same every game.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.